Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 PM

16 posts, read 58,010 times

Advertisements

I don't know if I mentioned, but my hubby is a school teacher. He is willing to do something else though too. But, it is hard because with a degree in human development you can't do much else. :-) I noticed Rolla has some job openings, but I don't know how long it would take him to get his certification for Missouri.

Thanks for the info!
Kris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 10:25 AM

419 posts, read 1,181,889 times
Rolla has several 4-H clubs and a great FFA teacher. There are 3 saddle clubs in the area (counting Safe and Edgar Springs). You all sound as if you might actually fit in here.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:58 PM

16 posts, read 58,010 times
Thanks Silvermouse! We are still working on it. We have to get our house ready to sell...but we are really serious about it. Thanks for the encouragement!

Kris

Old 04-06-2008, 02:12 PM

45 posts, read 130,252 times
Hi, All...

My wife and I are moving to some land we bought between Salem and Licking. We'll be there in about six weeks. We are really looking forward to it.

By the way, I'm a major karaoke junkie with a massive system and over 40,000 songs. What are the odds I'll find a place to do a show down there?

Thanks all

Old 04-06-2008, 08:12 PM

59 posts, read 232,751 times
Pretty good!
Gregory Road House have karaoke every other weekend and the ones they have now are VERY limited to songs from what I've heard at work.
There are also a couple places in Licking that have Karoke night.
My husband and I don't normally do the bar scene but I hear all about it from the ladies I work with. (Their gonna love this)

Old 04-06-2008, 10:21 PM

938 posts, read 3,505,004 times
There are a few bars in Rolla which also do karaoke. I know a bar called All-Stars in downtown Rolla had it (I heard they closed though). The bar is in an old movie theater called the "Uptown". There are several other bars, including Bruno's, The Locker Room, and The Tater Patch, all which may or may not have karaoke. All Stars is the only one that I'm familiar with though, and I spent most of my time in The Grotto, which is a solid UMR tradition!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:46 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,355,398 times
If all else fails you could take your karaoke show to Waynesville or St Robert, just outside the main gate of Fort Leonard Wood. There's quite a few bars in the area to entertain the off duty GIs, even the basic training recruits who are let off the post once in a while. FLW is one of the largest Army training posts in the middle part of the US, which I know quite well as a long ago alumni. I was in the area last year and surprised at how the area has cleaned up and added lots of business activity. I would guess that some people in Salem might work at FLW also.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeasyouare View Post
Hi, All...

My wife and I are moving to some land we bought between Salem and Licking. We'll be there in about six weeks. We are really looking forward to it.

By the way, I'm a major karaoke junkie with a massive system and over 40,000 songs. What are the odds I'll find a place to do a show down there?

Thanks all
Wow, you really are moving to the boonies. We go to Montauk every year for Kid's Fishing Day. So, if the karaoke thing falls through, you do have something to something to fall back on, right?

Old 04-07-2008, 12:37 PM

45 posts, read 130,252 times
Hey, All...

Thanks for all the input! If all else fails, we'll have some Fantastic Home Karaoke Parties at our place! LOL!

Yes, Silvermouse, we are moving to the boonies! That's what we want...a quiet place where we can build our house, have a garden and maybe a few chickens! We are ready for the slowdown.

As for things to fall back on..yes. First of all our financial needs are limited so we don't have to make much. Also, I have 3 books on the market at present and am working on #4 with lots more to come. Then again, I'll do any kind of work to keep myself busy.

We'll do just fine. Thank you for your concern though. It's one of the reasons we want to be in the country again...people like you.

Gene

Old 04-07-2008, 01:00 PM

Sounds like you will do fine then. A lot of people come to the area and are entranced by the low land prices but forget to notice the low wages that go with them.

Also, I'm not sure how portable your karaoke system is, but you might check with the local fair boards to see if they can use a service like yours. They usually try to find all the entertainment they can get.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri