Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 01:14 PM

15 posts, read 45,031 times

Advertisements

I am considering a job offer in St. Peters, MO. I am trying to figure out the safety and cost of living but cant find specifically St. Peters but only St. Louis. I know crime is high in St. Louis but what about St. Peters.

Also, is it expensive compared to St. Louis. i am from Lincoln, NE and the Cost of Living is cheap here.

When I search for apartment in St. Peters thro craigslist all i see is mostly family home and all I would need is a 1-br apartment. what is the typical cost of a 1-br apt. I wouldnt mind sharing a 2-br or 3-br with roomates but that depends on how safe the area is ...

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 01:24 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
St. Peters is a very safe, very suburban area about 45 minutes west of St. Louis. It's a family-friendly area, and not very expensive (because it's a little farther out than other suburbs) There's not a lot of apartments in the area because it's mostly families- also look at St. Charles and O'Fallon as they border St. Peters and the commute would be negligible.

1 bedroom apartments typically run in the 450-700/ month range in that area.
There's a place called Country Club Place off of highway 94 that is nice. I'm not certain they have 1 bedrooms but it'd be worth looking into.

Not sure your age and what you're looking for, but a single is bound to be bored in such a family area. St. Charles has a cool little historic mainstreet which is more walkable with restaurants and cute shops around, so you might look into that area for something a little more vibrant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri