Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 01:33 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,021,108 times

Advertisements

Some folks might've seen in the news, that John Rallo, crony to Steve Stenger, is expected to change his not guilty plea today. Rallo was indicted in May on three felony charges of honest services fraud. His indictment claims he made tens of thousands of dollars in political donations to Stenger, expecting that Stenger in turn would direct county contracts to Rallo’s company. John Rallo is related to the C. Rallo Construction family.

If you've lived in the St. Louis area for any length of time, you've probably seen "C. Rallo Construction" trailers on various building sites. That branch of the Rallos have a long history of...emmm...criminal activities.

Back in the 1940's, there were 2 brothers. Collogero Rallo and Charles Rallo. Collogero went into the contracting/construction business, starting out as a bricklayer. His brother, Charles, went into the meat cutting business.

Charles had 3 kids. Ludwig (Peewee), Nick, and Phyllis. I was friends with Phyllis. Phyllis was crazy funny...like Lucille Ball. She had lots of stories about the families, and the family business.

The meat cutting Rallos don't have much to do with the construction Rallos. The construction Rallos have/had ties with the Sicillian mob, and C. Rallo Construction USED to launder mafia money...not sure if they still do.

Phyllis and her husband lived in a nice neighborhood in Chesterfield. Members of the family "from the other side" lived in the same neighborhood, but they didn't acknowledge each other. They wouldn't even wave, if they happened to pass each other while driving. Phyllis had lots of stories about her mafia family members. Crazy Uncle Johnny (that's what they called him) and how they were all a little bit afraid of him, and how he had moved to Chicago at some point to help establish a mafia presence there. She never said Uncle Johnny's last name, but I've often wondered if it was John Vitale.

Here's a Crazy Uncle Johnny story...

Back in the day, Crazy Uncle Johnny took a shine to my friend's husband's secretary. The secretary was a nice sweet lady, and Phyllis and her husband decided that she should really know about Uncle Johnny's proclivities. So they told the nice lady, and the nice lady broke it off with Uncle Johnny.

Everyone was a little concerned about how Uncle Johnny would take it. Well, he wasn't pleased. Not angry, but sad.

Some days after this went down, my friend starts to step outside to get the mail. Lo and behold, there's a dead fish on her door step. It freaks her out. A day or so later, there's ANOTHER dead fish on her doorstep. She jumps to the conclusion that Uncle Johnny is trying to send her some kind of message. (Akin to the horsehead being in the bed in The Godfather.) NEVERMIND that she had recently acquired a cat that her daughter had brought home from college. NEVERMIND that their house was located on a communal lake. LOLOL She was just so sure Uncle Johnny was sending some kind of threat to her family.

So, because she felt threatened, she asked her brothers (the meat cutting brothers) to hire a hit man to take care of Uncle Johnny. LOL They refused. LOL Uncle Johnny died of natural causes, an old man.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 04:39 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,627,751 times
This stuff is always interesting. Thanks for posting it.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:35 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,021,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
This stuff is always interesting. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks! Whenever I see the name "Rallo" I think of my friend, and the crazy stories she shared. John Rallo even kind of looks like my friend. Strong family resemblance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri