Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 11:35 AM

26,380 posts, read 46,282,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
I don't see a big decline in rural population in southern areas of MO. Around Branson, Christian County it's not declining yet Republicans are very popular there.
I said this is the case in most of the fast growing states in the country that are more competitive now in present election cycles. All of those states have metro areas growing much much faster than rural areas that are all declining rapidly or stagnating. Texas, for an example, has 94% of its population living in metropolitan counties right now.

Old 11-09-2020, 01:08 PM

8,648 posts, read 4,462,800 times
Quote:
Can you imagine if St. Louis City was annexed to IL? Missouri would be so deep Republican.
In 1806, an earthquake gave us the Real Foot Lake. We need another earthquake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Stop with the voter fraud nonsense, it's completely false and you know it- much less from all the way back in 2008.
Fraud and Corruption has been a staple of the Democrat party, as far back as I can remember (back to Eisenhower). Voter fraud has been a part of it too, as the story of "Landslide Lyndon" illustrates. I did a study failure of the Comprehensive Employment and Training Act (CETA), back in college, and while I don't remember much, I do remember (because I lived just up the road from them) that St. Louis was one of two cities to have so much fraud they were required to pay back a bunch of funds they stole.

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/11/u...he-d-lost.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compre...d_Training_Act

Old 11-09-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
In 1806, an earthquake gave us the Real Foot Lake. We need another earthquake

Fraud and Corruption has been a staple of the Democrat party, as far back as I can remember (back to Eisenhower). Voter fraud has been a part of it too, as the story of "Landslide Lyndon" illustrates. I did a study failure of the Comprehensive Employment and Training Act (CETA), back in college, and while I don't remember much, I do remember (because I lived just up the road from them) that St. Louis was one of two cities to have so much fraud they were required to pay back a bunch of funds they stole.

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/11/u...he-d-lost.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compre...d_Training_Act
I'm referring to any modern example of voter fraud in presidential elections. There is zero evidence of it being an issue. Large cities have always had more corruption going back in time, that is not anything new to anyone.

News article on this right now:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...074311079.html

Last edited by GraniteStater; 11-09-2020 at 02:30 PM..

Old 11-09-2020, 01:18 PM

3,825 posts, read 3,270,269 times
Quote:
Stop with the voter fraud nonsense, it's completely false and you know it- much less from all the way back in 2008.
There are clear signs of it. They tried it here in Florida back in 2018. Nearly Got Nelson into the senate when they kept finding votes days later and nearly got that train wreck Andrew Gillum elected. If Gillum was elected we'd still be in lockdown.

There is clear Fraud going in in GA, PA, and MI. How does one overnight suddenly find 1000s and 1000s of votes like that for one candidate? Atlanta is a voting fraud factory just like St. Louis City.

Old 11-09-2020, 01:20 PM

3,825 posts, read 3,270,269 times
Quote:
I said this is the case in most of the fast growing states in the country that are more competitive now in present election cycles. All of those states have metro areas growing much much faster than rural areas that are all declining rapidly or stagnating. Texas, for an example, has 94% of its population living in metropolitan counties right now.
TN has Nashville which has grown, yet the state like Missouri is solid Republican. I guess that could be because otherwise the rest of the state hasn't seen growth and is very rural other than Memphis which isn't growing much. I don't see TN or MO going Democrat.

Old 11-09-2020, 02:16 PM

16,015 posts, read 10,574,901 times
Voter fraud is not a problem anywhere. There are no clear signs of it outside of QAnon or closed echo chamber bubbles. The only documented cases recently have been perpetrated by GOP operatives and they were caught. Voter suppression is a more serious issue.

Old 11-09-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
There are clear signs of it. They tried it here in Florida back in 2018. Nearly Got Nelson into the senate when they kept finding votes days later and nearly got that train wreck Andrew Gillum elected. If Gillum was elected we'd still be in lockdown.

There is clear Fraud going in in GA, PA, and MI. How does one overnight suddenly find 1000s and 1000s of votes like that for one candidate? Atlanta is a voting fraud factory just like St. Louis City.
No evidence unless you site sources with actual evidence.

WHAT A REPUBLICAN HAS FACED

Old 11-09-2020, 03:42 PM

30,506 posts, read 17,955,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Voter fraud is not a problem anywhere. There are no clear signs of it outside of QAnon or closed echo chamber bubbles. The only documented cases recently have been perpetrated by GOP operatives and they were caught. Voter suppression is a more serious issue.
That's false. And even if the GOP operatives were the only cases of voter fraud--they are not--that would make your opening sentence of be inaccurate.

I'm not claiming that voter fraud is a huge problem (there's simply no evidence for that), but it does happen and it's not just limited to Republicans.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whi...fraudcases.pdf

Old 11-09-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I'm referring to any modern example of voter fraud in presidential elections. There is zero evidence of it being an issue. Large cities have always had more corruption going back in time, that is not anything new to anyone.

News article on this right now:
The article is right, other than deceptive wording:
Quote:
Trump made repeated attempts to limit the amount of votes that could be counted in the state, and when those attempts failed and the mail-in ballots handed President-elect Joe Biden victory in the state, Trump began making accusations of widespread fraud.
Here, I fixed it:
Quote:
Trump made repeated attempts to limit the ---- votes that could be counted in the state [to only those the law allowed], and when those attempts failed and the ---- [fraudulent] ballots handed President-elect Joe Biden victory in the state, Trump [rightfully] began making accusations of widespread fraud.

And BTW, yes, that is exactly what the 2nd Amendment was written for.
https://www.monticello.org/site/rese...erty-quotation
(Doesn't mean this is the time to do it... Talk is cheap, ammo is expensive, and I am on a tight budget, so let's keep talking. )
Quote:
What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them.
It is a fascinating concept, and one the Bolsheviks hate with all they are made of.

Last edited by TRex2; 11-09-2020 at 05:00 PM..

Old 11-09-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
No evidence unless you site sources with actual evidence.
Evidence is everywhere. There is a term for those who refuse to see it:
Willful Ignorance.

https://newstarget.com/search.asp?query=fraud&x=0&y=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri