Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Missouri really "Misery" to you?
Yes 24 38.10%
No 39 61.90%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 08:24 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,667,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
If you think a guy like Josh Hawley is in the pro catagory, then OK. For me, he is an opportunist whose fist in the air supporting cop killers on January 6 is unfortgettable, and unforgivable.
You're entitled to you opinions.

Josh Hawley's actions utterly pale in comparison to the average, run-of-the-mill democrat these days who cheer on cop-killers all across the country seemingly daily. Don't even go there.
Democrat's actions last summer were just... unbelievable.

The media's circus of nonsense over the last four years was an actual coud d'etat orchestrated to unseat a duly elected president. Seriously, it made no sense. A lot of his policies were pulled from the old-time democrat playbook, and he made greater inroads into the minority vote than any recent republican.
That the media is allowed to spin literally everything into a race issue just shows how stupid and gullible we are as a nation.

But, this isn't about any of that, it's about Missouri, a place where people can make a good life for themselves and affordability isn't much of an issue.
It ranks middle-of-the-road in pretty much every category, where it's always been.
For example, it's public schools are usually ranked in the mid-20's.
To compare, California is usually a bottom-10 state with that so MO must be doing something right.
Sure, Cal might have some top-ranked schools, but for the common man (the ones who democrats used to pretend to care about), Missouri is a more sensible place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 11:22 AM

15,966 posts, read 10,526,043 times
Missouri’s leadership should be making an effort to counteract and mend the worst example of an urban rural divide crippling a state but instead, they work hard to exploit it for their own personal benefit. The same is true with the racial divide. My guess is that those divisions will continue to propel the state downward. The political parties are small potatoes compared to the existing urban/rural and racial divisions. People living in the state do not realize how bad the state reputation has become, especially on racial issues. Add some political foolishness, well publicized nationally, and you keep making it worse. That has an economic and jobs impact.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:17 AM

6 posts, read 3,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
It's ok, we in Missouri won't miss you either. We like the fact that our state government believes in our Constitutional rights.
Amen!!! Our 2nd Amendment rights are more important than ever these days...one of numerous reasons why i will eventually live in Missouri. My money will be spent in a free state, and I don't vote for control-hungry leftists. I expect the locals to treat me as an outsider, but no hard feelings on my part.

I recently retired, and plan leaving the pathetic communist-ruled state of Illinois. I've already purchased retirement property in south central Mo.. Once i get a house sold I'll be out of Illinois for good.

Family members live in Joplin, St Louis area, Hannibal, and north of Hannibal. Some friends, and a few ex-coworkers have moved to Mo..

Old 02-21-2022, 08:50 PM

3,821 posts, read 3,252,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHM_A_T View Post
Amen!!! Our 2nd Amendment rights are more important than ever these days...one of numerous reasons why i will eventually live in Missouri. My money will be spent in a free state, and I don't vote for control-hungry leftists. I expect the locals to treat me as an outsider, but no hard feelings on my part.

I recently retired, and plan leaving the pathetic communist-ruled state of Illinois. I've already purchased retirement property in south central Mo.. Once i get a house sold I'll be out of Illinois for good.

Family members live in Joplin, St Louis area, Hannibal, and north of Hannibal. Some friends, and a few ex-coworkers have moved to Mo..
Missouri has the best firearms rights in the country. The constitution section one, article 23 is strong, and no permit needed to carry. Also, the Second Amendment Preservation act will likely hold up in the Mo Supreme Court. Bidens lawyers looked like clowns at the hearing They complained about the law but didn't give a convincing argument it was unconstitutional, but just butthurt. Tough sh*T it's MO law.

Now they're trying to get it to the US Supreme Court. It should also be upheld.

Garland and Biden are scared of Missouri and now that it passed there will pass in other states.

Old 02-21-2022, 09:34 PM

19,639 posts, read 9,960,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Missouri’s leadership should be making an effort to counteract and mend the worst example of an urban rural divide crippling a state but instead, they work hard to exploit it for their own personal benefit. The same is true with the racial divide. My guess is that those divisions will continue to propel the state downward. The political parties are small potatoes compared to the existing urban/rural and racial divisions. People living in the state do not realize how bad the state reputation has become, especially on racial issues. Add some political foolishness, well publicized nationally, and you keep making it worse. That has an economic and jobs impact.
About 90% of all crime is in the inner city of the Democrat strongholds.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:17 PM

3,821 posts, read 3,252,801 times
Quote:
I agree. Same thing in Tenn as well with Memphis.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:57 AM

8,940 posts, read 17,162,269 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
I agree. Same thing in Tenn as well with Memphis.
Bully’s murder remains a secret in Missouri town for 40 years

2 more men sentenced in murder of Missouri woman forced into well

Missouri family seeks answers in Black 19-year-old’s death

A former police chief explores how the system failed her sister — and rural Missouri

Murder charges filed in rural Missouri beating death

Unsolved Ozarks murders: Woman was last seen mowing cemetery, man shot by burglar

Old 03-15-2022, 05:53 PM

8,599 posts, read 4,428,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHM_A_T View Post
That should put you within a "one tank of gas" driving distance of another IL escapee.
Me.

Old 03-18-2022, 10:24 AM

19,639 posts, read 9,960,197 times
And these are a few cases. There are hundreds of murders every year in downtown KC and St L. and yes McElroy did deserve it. The court failed the people.
And it was proven by forensics that Michael Brown attacked the police officer and tried to take his gun. The "hand up don't shoot" never happened according to eyewitnesses, mostly black people.
I live in a rural area of Missouri. There have been two gun deaths here in the last 10 years. One was a homeowner shooting two people who broke into his home where they attacked the homeowner and his wife. One of the intruders died.
The other was a grandfather who shot the man who was molesting his granddaughter. The courts failed them. The little girl had told a judge that she was being molested and was still forced to have unsupervised visits with the molester.

Last edited by Floorist; 03-18-2022 at 10:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri