Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 8,659 times

Advertisements

My husband recently told me of a double murder involving two girls, one he went to school with, when she was a freshman. They were found near Humansville, Mo in 1976. I have found a couple of articles on this case but just started looking. I was really just trying to see if anyone ever paid for what they did to these girls. The two girls were Hazel Hanna(h) and Cynthia Bell. Anyone remember this? I hope they caught someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 8,064 times
No one was ever caught and punished for this crime. Many people were considered, and Sheriff Glenn Carson indicated he knew who was responsible, but had no proof to offer, therefore nothing could be done. It's an interesting story, with not much news coverage as I recall.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 10,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooniesMom View Post
My husband recently told me of a double murder involving two girls, one he went to school with, when she was a freshman. They were found near Humansville, Mo in 1976. I have found a couple of articles on this case but just started looking. I was really just trying to see if anyone ever paid for what they did to these girls. The two girls were Hazel Hanna(h) and Cynthia Bell. Anyone remember this? I hope they caught someone.
If I remember correctly, these girls (or at least one of them) were just a year older than me (my brother's age). Their bodies were found very close to my aunt & uncle's house. Lots of rumors, but to my knowledge, no one ever paid. I was too young and too unexposed in such a small community to comprehend how tragic this was until I had kids of my own around this age. I've googled this over the last few years but there is very little information on the web about this.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:34 PM

4 posts, read 22,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooniesMom View Post
Hi Booniesmom, I am Samantha. I am only 28 but I can answer every1 of your questions. the girls names where Hazel Hannah and Cynthia Bell. Cynthia Bell is my cousin. I have heard this story many times over and over in my family. And I really don't know how much 2 reveal, lets just say my family is very screwed up. They never caught the ppl who did this. But I know. Cynthia and Hannah were bestfriends. Hannah was just with the wrong person at the time. Go 2 bolivar, missouri and you'll find every article on the grls. If u would like 2 talk my email is sammielance@yahoo.com and I'll tell u more if u would like.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 10,900 times
Since your only 28 how do you know anything, except what you have heard. I am Hazel's Sister, I lived this and 34 yrs later I still am living this. Since you state that you know contact me and share. Also, out of respect please spell Hazel's name correctly. Hazel Hanna.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:58 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times
Out of the blue, five new, first time posters discussing a 34-year old murder. Hmmm!

Old 08-03-2010, 05:25 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,774,443 times
They're both internet trolls.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 14,026 times
Default Hazel Hanna was my mother's cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel's Sister View Post
Since your only 28 how do you know anything, except what you have heard. I am Hazel's Sister, I lived this and 34 yrs later I still am living this. Since you state that you know contact me and share. Also, out of respect please spell Hazel's name correctly. Hazel Hanna.

Hi, my mother is Hazel Hanna's cousin, your cousin. Ever since I heard of Hazel I have had tired to find as much information about it as possible. I have not found much, but I know of what my family has told me. My mom was close with Hazel. Please email me: jen75068@yahoo.com

Old 08-03-2010, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 14,026 times
Samantha can you please email me anything information that you have..jen75068@yahoo.com
my mother and Hazel are cousins.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:39 PM

4 posts, read 22,435 times
I was giving my input only and I am 28 but cynthia Bell was my cousin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri