Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,584 times

Advertisements

That is GREAT advise!! My husband and I are thinking about moving to Belle where he's spent quite a bit of growing up in the area where I have lived in Alaska most of my life, some in colorado and washington but no nothing about tornados. Or bugs, lol it's way to cold up here for bugs to survive a barge or flight!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 02:01 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
I haven't seen any tornados, but my guess is they are a bout as threatening as earthquakes (which I have experienced many times, with no ill effect.)

Both are localized natural phenomena. It's the blizzards and hurricanes that cause the most havoc.

As far as moving to Missouri. I have lived here for about a year now. I want to leave.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:01 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
As far as moving to Missouri. I have lived here for about a year now. I want to leave.
Lets hear your story...please

Old 07-25-2009, 10:11 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
Unless you are right over the epicenter, or living in a substandard home (most areas are up to code) earthquake damage is very localized. Sure you feel the rolling and shaking, maybe a few paintings fall of the wall. Maybe a few windows and dishes break. I've been through at least 10 good shakers including Northridge. The proverbial "big one" has yet to hit, I hope it doesn't in my lifetime.

As far as why I want to leave Missouri. I can't say anything about it. These people get their knickers in a knot when you post anything bad about Missouri

Old 07-25-2009, 01:55 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Lets hear your story...please
OMG, please dont get him started He thinks we are all idiots!!!!
He has whined so badly on the STL forum, now he is gonna start on the good folks that live in the rest of the state.
LOL, he thinks tornadoes dont do much damage, either.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:27 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Quote:
I haven't seen any tornados, but my guess is they are a bout as threatening as earthquakes (which I have experienced many times, with no ill effect.)

Both are localized natural phenomena. It's the blizzards and hurricanes that cause the most havoc.

No, that is not true...it is not a matter of getting knickers in a knot...it's more of a fact that the majority of your posts are purely negative and have nothing at all constructive related to your dislike of Missouri, St. Louis, or the people therein. The complaining so durn much is quite tiring.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:15 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,827 times
Quote:

As far as why I want to leave Missouri. I can't say anything about it. These people get their knickers in a knot when you post anything bad about Missouri.
I hope you'll soon be able to leave and go look for happiness elsewhere. Something tells me you'll have difficulty finding that happiness.

I predict that within a few years you'll be telling folks, "I'm moving back to Missouri. It's the greatest state there is. When I lived there, I didn't realize how great it was. Now I miss it. It's so beautiful there. And the people are wonderfully kind. Life there is so much simpler. It's quaint."

Haven't we all read similar posts?

In the meantime, though, Dimsdale, move to another state, preferably California, and spread the word that you found life in Missouri horrible. Maybe they'll believe your lies and foolishness and won't come here.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:28 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
OB, he is FROM California!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:46 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
OB, he is FROM California!
Oh, well, I didn't know; that explains a lot.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:38 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Oh, well, I didn't know; that explains a lot.
If not everything.

My one close encounter from a tornado occurred in Virgina. We lived in a wooded area and it cut a path between our house and our nearest neighbor's which was about 100 feet away. Missed both houses and took out a huge oak tree at the back of our property.

It came at night and sounded like a freight train going by. We could tell from the path it left in our grass that it missed us by a very few feet.

Some fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri