Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:19 PM

54 posts, read 278,888 times

Advertisements

i myself love Hannibal The crime isnt horrible but it isnt the greatest. Hannibal has a drug problem but the police are taking care of it. they are craking down on everything. i mean they have cops working under cover everywere so crime in my opinion has dropped a little bit the police have a couple officers out that get to know the residents personalyso if there is ever a problem these people can tell them whats going on if the police should get involved. Hannibal has great football program we went to state first time this year and was killed but hey we went if you have any kids that like football. im 17 and im the only teen here that actualy cares about the city i have been promoting Hannibal in many forums and everytime there is a reply that Hannibal was great. im thinking about going to college to be city manager and i want to be the city manager of Hannibal someday. Flooding isnt really a problem unless it is on the river. it hasnt flooded bad here for 3 or 4 years. The river is high right now tell you the truth the riverfront is being flooded a little bit not much at all tho. there was a dead body found in a ditch 2 weeks ago but it was an accident it wasnt murder. Do you have kids? if so there isnt very much to do here but Quincy Ill has a mall and skating rinks and stuff there crime is nuttttttttttttttttttts.

Last edited by Pirateman; 04-03-2007 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 10:00 AM

school district website http://www.hannibal.k12.mo.us/

Old 04-04-2007, 10:15 PM

27 posts, read 143,042 times
Default I would love to see more pictures of Missouri

Oh, how I would love to see more pictures of Missouri. The ones posted are wonderful!! Wionee

Old 04-05-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Hannibal

Best place to live in missouri-downtown-001.jpg
this is the newly renovaded Mark Twain hotel i herd that one of the presidents stayed there.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:29 AM

791 posts, read 1,813,965 times
Smile RE: Hannibal

Pirateman,

Thanks for the scoop, and for being honest. We'll have to do a little more checking. Crime is a MAJOR issue for us, and we just don't want to settle somewhere where we end up needing to move in 3-5 years. And sure, you aren't going to find a town totally crime free, but Gangs, Rampant Drugs and the like are a little too much for this old gal. So, we'll see what Hannibal's stats are and go from there.

As for kids.....well....we don't have alot of room in the car for the trip back, so we tossed a coin between the dog and the kids, and the kids lost...so....we barbecued 'em last weekend. So...Nope, no kids.

You seem to really love your hometown of Hannibal. I hope your dream of becoming City Manager comes true!!! They need someone that is proud of the town and is willing to keep it a thriving, safe town. Good Luck, and don't give up!!!!

Great Pix too!!!

Thanks Again,
Boof

Old 04-06-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Hannibal

Hannibal's crime isnt all that bad in my opinion as for the gangs im not aware of any in Hannibal
Best place to live in missouri-downtown-015.jpg
Best place to live in missouri-bridge-001.jpg
Best place to live in missouri-bridge-002.jpg
Best place to live in missouri-bridge-003.jpg
Best place to live in missouri-downtown-012.jpg
Best place to live in missouri-downtown-014.jpg

Old 04-06-2007, 11:39 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,360,328 times
Talking I Love Missouri!

OK...I've got to add Branson and Table Rock Lake to the list...I moved here from Northern California and have lived in Springfield & surrounding areas.
I love this area the best for the beauty and the fact that so many people have moved here from all over the US it is a very friendly, accepting place to be a "newcomer".
We're in the middle of a lovely spring, although these record low temps affecting all of the midwest may shorten the blooming season...the weather is never boring!

Last edited by Lake Junkie; 04-06-2007 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Can't figure how to attach photo!

Old 04-07-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Hannibal

Hannibal has a reputaition of being polite and freindly to all newcomers. when people come from another place to here when they leave the call the newspaper and have them print a letter saying how they loved there stay here in Hannibal

Old 04-07-2007, 01:10 PM

791 posts, read 1,813,965 times
Question Hannibal

Great pix of Hannibal. That river is something else! We have the Stanislaus River here. It's big, but not that big. Downtown looks very quaint. Nice old storefronts....nice for window shopping.

Pirateman, it's nice to hear there aren't any gangs in Hannibal. I figure if there were some, a 17 yr old male would know! What would you say are the biggest problems that newcomers should be aware of?

******What's the area like around Grace St, Division St., N. Locust? Would you say it's Historic & safe? Or is it the older, less desireable area of Hannibal?

Sure, we can read things online, but there's no better source of info. than from a resident that knows the day to day life there. When I was a teenager, I knew every neighborhood in town. I could give directions to anywhere...and knew which parks were drug free and which ones had all the 'stoners' hanging out. I figure you are probably the same way. That's the nice thing about bein' a kid...we couldn't go anywhere where I could't tell my mom who everyone was, where they lived and if they were troublemakers or not. LOL Keep in mind...that was over 30 yrs ago.

Thanks again for the Pix. You did a great job! Keep 'em coming.

Boof

Old 04-07-2007, 02:41 PM

Smile road

its not the nicest area but it is safe here is a road that is safe and nice i acually live on this road West ely here som more pix
Best place to live in missouri-hannibal-009.jpg

Best place to live in missouri-hannibal-011.jpg

Best place to live in missouri-hannibal-010.jpg

Best place to live in missouri-hannibal-008.jpg
There are some houses in this town that would be better off torn down but every town has those
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri