U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2006, 02:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,333 times

Advertisements

I lived in Fredericktown, MO as a young child. We plan to drive across the USA in our Chevrolet, this summer. I would like to visit my childhood home in Fredericktown.

I want to find out if it still exists (it was an old victorian style) of if a shopping mall is there.

The house was at 210 West College Avenue . . . as I recall.

If anyone can assist me, I'd sure appreciate your efforts.

Sunshine Gal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2006, 06:33 AM

2 posts, read 6,860 times
I'm not that familiar with Fredericktown, although I live app. 45 minutes away.
There have been some changes made, but not too many shopping malls.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,334 times
depending what the house looks like it might still be there. If it was close to the hospital about a block away it is still there. I lived in fredericktown for 25 years. now i live in southwest mo. When you lived there what was your family's last name

Old 08-11-2006, 08:11 PM

3 posts, read 10,006 times
My inlaws live in Marquand, MO, next to Fredericktown!! 573-783-0009

Old 08-19-2006, 09:27 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,141,883 times
Smile enjoyed your post

I don't live in MO, but was checking out their forums to see if I could find any information about one of my favorite childhood memories--growing up in Creve Coeur. We actually only lived there 4 years, but I still remember our address--36 Deerfield Lane (no zip codes back then.) My early years there left lasting memories.
I hope you find your childhood home!

Old 08-30-2006, 08:43 AM

11 posts, read 51,006 times
Smile Google Maps

Here's something fun to try...I went to Google - clicked on maps and put 210 W. College Ave., Fredericktown, MO in the search. I was quickly shown a street map with the arrow pointing to 210 W. College. I clicked again on Satellite for the actual satellite pic of the property. It's hard to tell if it is a house, but it isn't a shopping mall. The roof looks black and it is fairly large.

You might also try rootsweb.com and post a question about the property in the Madison County forum (right county?). Surely someone on that site is familiar enough with Fredericktown to be able to provide you with some info.

Fredericktown was named after George Frederick Bollinger, right? I descend from 2 of his brothers - apparently there weren't a lot of choices when it came to pioneers finding spouses...cousins married cousins. My Grandma was a Bollinger from Bollinger County.

Good Luck!

Old 06-17-2007, 01:00 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,642,432 times
I grew up in Fredericktown to and still get there quite often.
I am positive your childhood house is still there. Not much changes in
Fredericktown.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,943 times
Default I Have Family In Fredericktown

My Brother-in-law Lives In Fredericktown. He coached basketball at the high school for a number of years. I guess anyone that lived there would know the McMahon family.
My sister, Pat, passed away in 2006, we miss her so very much.
I don't get back to visit, but I always loved that neat little town. When Pat died, the people were so nice to all of us.
If you get back to Fredericktown, please stop in to see Coach Mc...I am sure he would be glad to see or hear from any of his former students.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,619 times
Default From Fredericktown

Not a whole lot has changed within the City Limits of Fredericktown. There are some changes out on the edges of town - a new Wal-Mart, new restaurant, etc., but within town - not much, so no problems with a
"shopping center" being built where the house is... I still have family there and try to go back at least once a year.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:50 PM

11 posts, read 38,851 times
It has to be there...Very little gets torn down in that part of Fredericktown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or