Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2007, 10:45 PM

41 posts, read 171,610 times

Advertisements

I have a few questions for those living in Willow Springs and Cassville.

I’m thinking of moving somewhere in the Ozarks and looking somewhere between Willow Springs and Cassville, looking for a home with acreage, hopefully I’ll be in the area mid to late May.

Willow Springs is a little farther from Springfield, lakes and rivers than I would like, but from what I’ve read Willow Springs seems to be a nice little town.

Questions are:
How far to Home Depot a Wal-mart or target, and a Costco?
Access to services? Drs., Dentists etc.
Is it usually windy?

Not really important, but who has the best gas prices these days, OK or Mo?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 4,375 times
I see that this post is a little old, but it had no responses so I will try my best. I have no idea where Willow Springs is, so I can't compare. However, my husband and I both grew up in Cassville so I can offer some feedback in that area.

Here were your questions with the best answers I can compile

Questions are:
How far to Home Depot a Wal-mart or target, and a Costco? In Cassville, there is a brand new Walmart Supercenter. There are several run of the mill fast food restaurant chains, some locally owned restaurants that are quite a bit nicer, etc. There is no home depot in the area....as this isn't really a Home Depot area. There is a home depot in Springfield (about 1.5 hours away) or one in Joplin (1 hour away) but neither store is that impressive. However, in Monett (10 minutes away) there is a new Lowes store. Also, there are Lowes locations in Carthage, Joplin, Springfield (2 stores), etc. There are also some locally owned home improvement stores in the area but I would avoid them, locally owned tends to mean higher markup around here. I have no idea what a Costco is...but I know we don't have one. The closest Target is going to be in Joplin or Springfield.

Access to services? Drs., Dentists etc. There is a hospital in Cassville, as well as several family practice drs and dentists. My family always has chosen to drive to Springfield for anything health related...just personal choice.

Is it usually windy? I think we are pretty average. We can have some strong winds, but then there are many times where there is just a slight breeze. This is most common around here.

Not really important, but who has the best gas prices these days, OK or Mo?

Old 06-20-2007, 02:11 PM

41 posts, read 171,610 times
Default Thanks for the information

Thanks for your reply!

I visited Cassville, Shell Lake, Table Rock Lake and surrounding cities in May, stayed at the Cassville Inn. (nice & clean)

My wife and I covered the SW & north central part of MO., our favorite part of the state to relocate was the Cassville Shell Lake area. We are now watching the weather until Spring.

THANKS AGAIN!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri