Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: seligman, missouri info
City info 2 100.00%
housing info 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 5,148 times

Advertisements

We're interested in moving to Seligman, MO. Can someone tell us about the city? Thanks.

SnlvrAZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 06:50 PM

187 posts, read 1,022,444 times
Seligman???

Well, its a very small town just north of the Arkansas border. There isnt much there. Its a typical rural small town. Its not too far from the exploding NW Arkansas area, so if you want shopping or just about anything else to do, its a 30-40 minute drive. Springfield is a little over an hour away from Seligman.

Why Seligman? Monett is a town of about 7,000 25 miles or so north of Seligman, so you might want to check that out also.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 13,184 times
Default lived there befor

very, very small town. As stated, close to AR but extremely small. Closest MO town is Cassville which is still small. You are close to Roaring River (very quaint cabin like community, big during trout season).
Did I say it was a very small town??

Old 12-22-2007, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 4,986 times
its a fine little town if you dont mind your kids getting strung out on drugs dont care about property value or realy dont have any asparations for yours our your kids life. so trust me unless you are living in the bad part of hell i would stay were i was.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 4,824 times
Default you hit the nail on the head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruralman View Post
its a fine little town if you dont mind your kids getting strung out on drugs dont care about property value or realy dont have any asparations for yours our your kids life. so trust me unless you are living in the bad part of hell i would stay were i was.
i love what you said i have family there,and that place it dump!!!i rember when i was kid and was a dump the too.its full of croked mayors.and police officers that should be time in jail. i have news for anyone that likes it there they never have gotten away from it and seen what the real world is like.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:40 PM

144 posts, read 552,298 times
Avoid it. If you want a small town in that area, choose Cassville or Monett. If nothing else, the school districts are much, much better. I would personally choose Cassville over Monett but to each there own. I am also partial, because my husband and I grew up in Cassville (but do not live there now).

Old 08-15-2008, 11:10 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
As the other posters have alluded, it's not exactly the shining jewel of Barry County. It would not be my first choice. I'd actuallky pick Exeter first. LOL (sorry, inside joke).

But seriously. Every small town (yes, it is small), has it's good and bad and I'm sure Seligman has some good points somewhere. Probably. After all, it's really the people that make up a town and I'm sure that the people there aren't any better or any worse than people anywhere else. Probably.

Anyway, aside from being close to the Rogersville/Bentonville/Springdale megalopolis, Seligman doesn't have a whole lot going for it. And don't even ASK about Gateway. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,028 times
Seligman is extremely hostile to outsiders.You could do much better.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:06 PM

437 posts, read 1,071,353 times
I honestly can't imagine someone wanting to move to Seligman for any reason; very isolated, very small, unfriendly to outsiders, nothing much to do or see. You would have to drive out of town to buy groceries, go to a doctor, and many other things.

If it's the area you want and you want something smaller than the towns previously mentioned (Monett, Cassville), you might think about Anderson, MO. It's a metropolis compared to Seligman or going into Northwest Arkansas - Bentonville is small but has a lot of ammenties thanks to being headquarters for Wal-Mart Corporation.

Other small towns within the same region include Neosho, Aurora, Republic, and over in Oklahoma, Grove.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:51 PM

175 posts, read 468,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruralman View Post

I could not have done it better, you gave the perfect answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri