Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 07:06 PM
cat cat started this thread

70 posts, read 289,898 times

Advertisements

Im thinking of relocating to the town of Lebanon or Phillipsburg, Mo. Is anyone familiar with either town? If so, would you please tell me your thoughts on the pro's and con's of them? Thanks...
Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2006, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 6,288 times
Lived in Lebanon for 12 years and could hardly wait to get a good job somewhere else so we could move. The only really good thing about it was that it was only an hour's drive to Springfield

Old 04-03-2006, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 6,284 times
Lebanon seems to be a town that is growing quit a bit, not a major city, but every time we go there, a new building is being put up. The have some discount malls, and all the basic stores. I am not sure about employment there, but the next town over is Fort Leonard Wood Army base.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 5,945 times
Default Lebanon

We've lived here now for three years. My husband is active duty military and we find Lebanon to be nice and peaceful (compared to living near the Fort). Now there isn't much to do, unless you are an outside/nature/hunting loving person. However, Phillisburg is worse than here when it comes to forms of entertainment. Both Phillipsburg and Lebanon are a distance from entertainment (Phillipsburg is not that far from Lebanon). If you want some form of living - meaning shopping area, restraunants, etc. - Lebanon would be the way to go. If you are looking for something more secluded...a way out from the city...a quiet place to raise a family...than Phillipsburg is the place for you. As for housing market, you'll get a better selection in Lebanon, only because it is a bigger city. Hope that helps!

Old 04-18-2009, 07:48 AM

2 posts, read 7,169 times
Default Lebanon Mo

Lebanon is the ultimate place for those of us who love the outdoors, the fishing, hiking, biking, and driving. It has a few nice places to eat. I would rather live here and drive somewhere else for entertainment and major shopping. If you are a church go-er it is the place for you. There is a church on most every corner, which is a great thing. If you are a drinker and want a night of drinking and parties in bars, move somewhere else because there is one in town, and that is a good thing.
Lebanon is for the family or retiree's that wants a good, quiet, non intruding place to live. If you are like that, come on down, we welcome you. If not, Springfield, KC or St. Louis would suit you better.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:14 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,195,050 times
My Ex is from Lebanon.

I hate going over there because of it being a Big City and driving makes me nervous.Not much it the way of Jobs there right now.

hillman

Old 04-19-2009, 01:27 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
I hate going over there because of it being a Big City and driving makes me nervous. hillman
Lebanon, MO (pop. 14139)
Oh My, Culture Shock here we come....

Old 04-19-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Lebanon, MO (pop. 14139)
Oh My, Culture Shock here we come....
Hey I'm use to Horse and Buggy.There is 4 lanes of Traffic,everyone in a hurry.I always just let my wife drive.

hillman

Old 04-19-2009, 03:19 PM

14 posts, read 53,649 times
Absolutely no jobs in this town, yea, there is a couple of rivers within 20 miles, not much hiking, Lake of the Ozarks is the closest place worth anything, 30-40 miles away. If you aren't retired, or a used car dealer or car salesman or a bible thumper, this ain't the place for you. Many people are trying to leave the area, new mayor, city council in town, new police chief, used to be the chop shop capital of the area, I could go on and on...........why anyone would relocate here is beyond me, go to Spfd, who have had their own fair share of layoffs, the Lake is the nearest place that is still having a boom of sorts. Anywhere but here, it sucks badly.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyne View Post
Absolutely no jobs in this town, yea, there is a couple of rivers within 20 miles, not much hiking, Lake of the Ozarks is the closest place worth anything, 30-40 miles away. If you aren't retired, or a used car dealer or car salesman or a bible thumper, this ain't the place for you. Many people are trying to leave the area, new mayor, city council in town, new police chief, used to be the chop shop capital of the area, I could go on and on...........why anyone would relocate here is beyond me, go to Spfd, who have had their own fair share of layoffs, the Lake is the nearest place that is still having a boom of sorts. Anywhere but here, it sucks badly.
Well truth I like Lebanon.Lake of the Ozarks isn't worth spit to me.As far as rivers and hiking yes its around 20 miles either way.But there is alot of Hiking,Floating,Hunting and Fishing.

Yea Jobs are hard to find but I think you would have a better chance in Lebanon than Buffalo.

But then again I've been close to the people around the area for 40 years.

hillman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri