U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,482 times

Advertisements

haha 8snake, you want proof? i went to that school. i damn near knew more or as much as the teacher's teaching the subject. now i really hope this family didn't move to winfield. it's such a horrible place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,333 times
Default Need some information on Winfield Mo

I am assisting a smal indie film production company and we are looking to film in Winfield, does anyone have a number that I could reach for the local authorities.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,325 times
Default living in winfield mo

Hi I moved from Florissant mo and grew up in hazelwood mo. I loved it out there . until after 11 years in florissant mo . the house next to me was rented to drug dealers ( african american ) who didnt watch their kids and left them alone for days . the lady who rented the house was the worst. threated to slash us , shoot us . the list went on with this lady . after a year of dealing with this lady . we had enough and moved to winfield mo. nice house. off hwy EE, we have lived here now for 5 years and love it alot . not alot of traffic.

I have found . the schools are the same everywhere . the drug issue is the same everywhere. there are wiggers. and white n black trash. no matter where you go . if you are trying to sell a house here in winfield mo. you either A) your house looks like trash and thats why no one wants to buy it . or B) you have your house price set to High . I shop at IGA almost daily . and yes . some of their prices are high on things . but on the main things you need everyday . the prices are about the same as any other stores. in OFallon . or troy ,

so here im sitting . reading these comments on some low life . uneducated person . saying how bad winfield is

Winfield is a great place to live. I was born and raised in Hazelwood . florissant area . and also lived in St Peters. I love it in winfield..only 1/3 of winfield is inthe area of flooding . most of the area that may get flooded is mostly farm land. and the ones that are in the flooded area . chooses to live there . cause the price is so low. most of winfield is way above flood I live at the top of a huge hill. so we are no where near a flood . best part of winfield ........ its quiet. very quiet. nice to beable to see the stars. n hear the bugs at night. instead of traffic.

bad part of winfield . not many stores here, hopefully more store will move in and stay here . but then again . then winfield wouldnt be a small town

I drive hwy 47 and as long as you drive the speed limit . its fine.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:25 AM

199 posts, read 566,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel Wayne View Post
Hi I moved from Florissant mo and grew up in hazelwood mo. I loved it out there . until after 11 years in florissant mo . the house next to me was rented to drug dealers ( african american ) who didnt watch their kids and left them alone for days . the lady who rented the house was the worst. threated to slash us , shoot us . the list went on with this lady . after a year of dealing with this lady . we had enough and moved to winfield mo. nice house. off hwy EE, we have lived here now for 5 years and love it alot . not alot of traffic.

I have found . the schools are the same everywhere . the drug issue is the same everywhere. there are wiggers. and white n black trash. no matter where you go . if you are trying to sell a house here in winfield mo. you either A) your house looks like trash and thats why no one wants to buy it . or B) you have your house price set to High . I shop at IGA almost daily . and yes . some of their prices are high on things . but on the main things you need everyday . the prices are about the same as any other stores. in OFallon . or troy ,

so here im sitting . reading these comments on some low life . uneducated person . saying how bad winfield is

Winfield is a great place to live. I was born and raised in Hazelwood . florissant area . and also lived in St Peters. I love it in winfield..only 1/3 of winfield is inthe area of flooding . most of the area that may get flooded is mostly farm land. and the ones that are in the flooded area . chooses to live there . cause the price is so low. most of winfield is way above flood I live at the top of a huge hill. so we are no where near a flood . best part of winfield ........ its quiet. very quiet. nice to beable to see the stars. n hear the bugs at night. instead of traffic.

bad part of winfield . not many stores here, hopefully more store will move in and stay here . but then again . then winfield wouldnt be a small town

I drive hwy 47 and as long as you drive the speed limit . its fine.
Lol a grown man let a lady scare him into moving miles away

Old 12-17-2009, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,180 times
Winfield was a great place to live until all you dumb city bastards moved here and ruined it for us locals!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 05:25 AM

1 posts, read 955 times
I have family in Winfield. Everytime I visit I get sick to my stomach. Maybe they just have a bad batch of friends that live their but all of them have mixed up priorities. And they love it there cause their way of raising kids is excepted. And I use the word raise loosely. None of these people clean their house or the childrens faces. All the kids have snot glued to their faces. Their parents have bbq parties and get togethers but then have to call family members to bail them out on rent and stuff for their kids. It is not just my family that is this way. It is their entire bunch. I know this because the family members that have to pick up the slack all confide in each other and support each other when we are down. We couldnt pry them out of Winfield with a crowbar. Oh and none of them have jobs. Why? Because their aren't any. But they dont care. This is they way of life to them. And they are raising a whole generation in that town to be exactly the same. It is not Winfields fault. Or the good people still left in Winfield. The good people of Winfield are losing their town. Crime will go up. Meth will come (if it isnt already there). I am trying to do you towns people a favor and get my family out of there. Not for their sake but for yours. I grew up in a small town. Loved it, miss it. But what you guys have going on behind the scenes is sad. Be honest about your town. Be honest to yourself. Its happening. And if my band of misfits is the only bunch in your town. Well that is still scary. They are about 45-60 strong. Thats a good chunck of your population. And they are procreating.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 918 times
I grew up in Winfield and wanted to get out as soon as I could. I went to a private grade school and then attended Winfield public high school. As far as the school almost losing their accreditation; it true. That whole mess was going on while I was there. My parents still live there and enjoy it very much, but when you are a kid and there is NOTHING to do it SUCKS!! You can drive around on the back roads at all hours, go to Wal-Mart and be one of the kids everyone hates, or sit around a bonfire at a friends house and drink (yes, underage-it happens) that's about it. I don't really think that drugs are that big of an issue out there (in school)...while I was in high school some kids smoked weed but that will be in any school. The fact is no one out there has enough money to spend on hard drugs. Sure, speed will be out there in some places but from what I understand its located more in Warren and Jefferson county. Speaking of the "white trash" I understand that is an opinion but to me it feels like no one has any aspiration to leave so that is all they amount to. People out there aren't going to be spending $100 on a pair of new pants when their sweats from Wal-Mart still fit just fine and if they get a rip in them there are always yard sales on Sat morning you can stop by!...it's a mentality and you will find that in almost any small town. All in all I guess there are worse places you could be, but I will never move back.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:14 PM

3 posts, read 15,641 times
WOW!
I stumbled onto this thread and realized I posted on it over 4 years ago and I am astonished at the ignorance being spewed about by some of the posters!

I was born and raised here and there are a lot of decent hard-working folk in these parts. I wouldn't say it is any different than any other slice of Americana that you would find in any other small-town across our land.

I am pushing 50 years old, I spent all of my years here other than 10 years in the US NAVY where I lived in the big city! Frankly, I could not wait to get back home to my peaceful country lifestyle!

Big stores, no we don't have them but the ones that are here are convenient and are well-kept, well-stocked and clean. Who wants to drive 20 miles when you need just a few things. Those stores bring jobs and convenient supplies to our city!

Yes, we have our low-life rednecks but no more than any other place in the country. What we DO NOT have is street thugs and gangs!!!! You can keep those in your fine big-city life thank you! LOL!!!!!

Lots of folks here are decent law-abiding citizens working hard and making a good, comfortable living!

Me...... I am staying right here in Winfield!

Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 AM

15,785 posts, read 7,919,811 times
The pathetic thread that never seems to die...

Old 07-25-2012, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 619 times
Hi I was reading where you said you have lived in winfield for 40+ years. I'm acually looking for a guy I knew around 29
years ago ,his name is Michael THON I think maybe he lives on Franke st.I have a couple of items of his I think he would like like to have.If you know him if you would tell him Felecia would love to talk to him. Thanks......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri