U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 3,115 times

Advertisements

Years ago we purchased a small piece of vacant land about a mile north of Eminence, but haven't been down there for 19 yrs. Anyone know anything about that area? All we know so far is what we read on the internet about the tubing and trail rides. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 10:06 AM

2 posts, read 6,645 times
It is covered by Centerytel Telephone services so you may be able to get DSL. Additionally, at least one ISP provides dialup there. I do not believe Wireless or other high speed solutions are available in that area at this time.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,112 times
Smile Curious??!!

I was curious why someone would buy property and then never use it?

Old 09-24-2006, 01:46 AM

2 posts, read 6,359 times
I grew up in Eminence. What else is there besides the rivers and the trail rides?!?!?
Seriously, what would you like to know?

Old 10-02-2006, 10:25 PM

63 posts, read 196,251 times
I also wondered why someone would not use property all those years. I'm jealous.....I wish I had somewhere like that to go to in the southern part of the state. Eminence is such a pretty area. Wanna sell that property?

Old 11-20-2006, 07:02 PM

450 posts, read 1,873,411 times
Default Just came across this thread: More on Eminence, please

I posted earlier on my own thread. But if you pick me up on this one, tell me more about Eminence. What is the climate like? Can you get land down by any of the rivers or with a small spring on it? Are there retirees in the area? I looks just beautiful and if you are obsessed with cold water springs as I am you would be in hog heaven. Been to Alley Mill? Could it possibly be as fantastic as the pictures? Let me know. If I owned property there I would build on it and live there in the warmer months. Yeah, some of you will say it is too hot and humid, but I am in Pensacola and the Summers there would be cool--especially if I were near some cool water.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 PM

5 posts, read 15,337 times
yes eminence is a great place, the mill is BEAUTIFUL! i have lived in shannon co. my lifetime, and i know there atre loads of retirees in eminence, and even more during trail ride season! there are lots of cool water in that area, like rocky falls,greer springs,alley springs, turners mill, lots of cool stuff to do, and its not horribly bad in the winter, pretty neat friendly place!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 10,779 times
I have been on those trail rides in Eminence..years ago..and have never forgotten the gorgeous views from tops of hills overlooking other riders heading up. The landscape is just heavenly. Would LOVE to live in that area..i am a country person and Eminence would be MY hog heaven.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:40 PM

11 posts, read 49,411 times
There's no economy to speak of, other than canoe rentals and logging. If you're retired, in good health, and love the outdoors it may be for you. It's a long ways to the doctor or dentist. It's tough to beat the natural beauty and the cool, clear spring fed rivers, but you will get bored if you get tired of canoeing, hunting, fishing, or hiking.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:21 PM

169 posts, read 361,098 times
Default Dreaming of Shannon County

I grew up in Missouri, worked seven years in the south central counties. My fondest memories are of Shannon County; lady slippers in the spring, Aker's Ferry, Devil's Backbone, Owl's Bend, May apples, the smell of sycamores in the creek bottom, bullbats at dusk.

I've been living so far from there for so many years. My house is up for sale and I'm thinking serious about Alton, down south of you. Can you give me any news of the area?

Thanks for all the posts. Y'all done got me homesick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or