Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 10:00 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Nice to see that someone is correcting the ignorance. Good posting
You know the saying, "A lie repeated often enough becomes truth."
Not happening while I have breath in my body!

Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 PM

543 posts, read 855,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
lol! lets not even go there.

I have gotten sweet tea off of 270 at a gas station (Don't remember where or which one) but I have rarely been anywhere but the outlying areas of St. Louis. I can't remember the last time I was in St. Louis City (Not sure if I've ever been inside the actual city itself and not the county). Regardless, non-chain establishments are much more reflective of local culture than chains. So examples of non-chain establishments that serve Sweet Tea in St. Louis?
You're not missing much if you don't go into the city. It's a war zone with vacant buildings falling apart.

Sadly in St. Louis area it's mostly large chain resturants now sprouting up. Dont see a lot of small places anymore. Mostly your TGI Fridays, 54th street grill and stuff like that.
You still have places like "The Hill" though.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegoalstl View Post
You're not missing much if you don't go into the city. It's a war zone with vacant buildings falling apart.
That is nothing but a bald-faced lie.
Why do you persist in this misinformation?
Stop it!

Old 08-25-2011, 02:35 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:

Sadly in St. Louis area it's mostly large chain resturants now sprouting up. Dont see a lot of small places anymore. Mostly your TGI Fridays, 54th street grill and stuff like that.
You still have places like "The Hill" though.

REALLY???

the ENTIRE city is a war zone filled with tumble-down vacant buildings??

news to me....

Old 08-25-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
REALLY???

the ENTIRE city is a war zone filled with tumble-down vacant buildings??

news to me....

Except for the central west end and south city. Driving up 55 once you get within 5 miles of downtown it is a war zone. the area is trashed. Only time I go into the city is for Blues games and Im always armed.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:41 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,686,986 times
Quote:
Except for the central west end and south city. Driving up 55 once you get within 5 miles of downtown it is a war zone. the area is trashed. Only time I go into the city is for Blues games and Im always armed.
right.......anyway back on topic please....

Old 08-26-2011, 08:01 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
So pathetic.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Bolded portion is the proof that onegoal has NO clue as to what he is speaking of.
Another person from the 'burbs that doesnt have a clue about STL, and has never explored the city.
Anyway, back to topic.....while I was in MO, I spoke to dozens of people in Ste Gen, and dozens more in the Bluff.
They overwhelmingly indicated that Ste Gen identifies as midwestern, and that the Bluff identifies as southern.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:57 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,686,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Bolded portion is the proof that onegoal has NO clue as to what he is speaking of.
Another person from the 'burbs that doesnt have a clue about STL, and has never explored the city.
Anyway, back to topic.....while I was in MO, I spoke to dozens of people in Ste Gen, and dozens more in the Bluff.
They overwhelmingly indicated that Ste Gen identifies as midwestern, and that the Bluff identifies as southern.
lol. Well I'm sure at this point not too many people are surprised that the last sentence is true .

Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
lol. Well I'm sure at this point not too many people are surprised that the last sentence is true .
True. Hell where I lived in SW Florida most didn't even consider themselves southern unless it was one of the rare Florida crackers. Accents in Naples were possibly flatter than Stl unless they're from the NY, NE then they got the NYC accent which I can't stand lol.

What kind of southern would you consider "the bluff"? MS deep south delta like the bootheel, MO, AR Ozarks kind of southern, or both? They are on the barrier of the flat lands and the foothills of the Ozarks.

We have a guy at work who is from Poplar Bluff and he always calls it "The Bluff"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri