U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2006, 05:52 PM

3 posts, read 5,599 times

Advertisements

We are planning on moving to the Springfield area. We have been in touch with a realtor who has sent us listings of property for sale in the area. He has done a very good job, sending the listings that realy meet our requirements. We have a short list of 5 properties we want to look at. I will fly out to view the properties we have selceted and most deffinantly buy one of them. We are waiting for escrow to close on our property.

We will be bringing a team of oxen and a team of draft horses. We are retired. We are ready to enjoy the quiet and peacefull life.

We would be interested in finding veterinary services to care for the oxen and horses. We also have dogs. Has there been problems with West nile?

Any information on the area would be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2006, 02:45 PM

278 posts, read 1,055,022 times
your lucky I still have to wait a bit to get were your at but can not wait good luck .

Old 07-29-2006, 05:10 PM

Hope you get to make the move soon too

Old 07-30-2006, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer deer
Hope you get to make the move soon too
So do I. I know I will do the move just want it sooner then later dang I hate calif.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,347 times
i would like to assist you as well....l i have lived in sw missouri all my life and built a large herd of cattle......... i might be able to offer some help in finding a property as well if you would like some more options

Old 07-30-2006, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisangusfarms
i would like to assist you as well....l i have lived in sw missouri all my life and built a large herd of cattle......... i might be able to offer some help in finding a property as well if you would like some more options
Thanks for the offer and whets funny is I was thinking or raising a small heard of beef cattle. That’s why I have been looking at 40 acre lots. Still too early to make any calls as my stay at home wife still has almost two years left to get her degree in collage. she raised her kids first now it is her time and I support her in that even if it means I have to wait for us to move but then again she is almost more excited then me to get to Missouri

Old 07-31-2006, 08:03 AM

We have located a home with 10 acres near Stockton. Just waiting for more information from the realtor.

We do need to find a vet to care for our horses, oxen and dogs. If any one knows of a good vet in that area I sure would like to hear about him.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:39 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,619,624 times
Anything? Did you move?

Old 09-15-2006, 08:46 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,242,566 times
Default Stockton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer deer View Post
We have located a home with 10 acres near Stockton. Just waiting for more information from the realtor.

We do need to find a vet to care for our horses, oxen and dogs. If any one knows of a good vet in that area I sure would like to hear about him.
Stockton and the areas around it are beautiful. Most of Stockton was destroyed in May of 03 by a mile wide tornado, but they've done a fantastic job rebuilding the town and doing it in an organized and stylish way. Much of the downtown has been rebuilt in low-rise brick and fancy streetlights, etc. It's a pretty town. When you drive through, you can still see the extent of the 03 tornado because a lot of remaining trees are snapped off and it goes a long way, but a lot of the old Victorians remain. It's a pretty town.
You can also keep ahead of your realtor by looking at SpringfieldMOMLSdotcom. I like that site because it gives you the dates the listing was made (though I learned early on that the realtors pull listings if they remain on too long, take new pics of the property from different angles, then relist under a new MLS number with a fresh date to remove the "stale" factor. The housing market in this area is also very slow so don't be afraid to lowball offers and whatever you do, don't get hooked by emotion too quickly. Patience really pays off here. Good luck!

Old 11-28-2010, 08:49 AM

380 posts, read 863,010 times
Can't help but wonder if these folks with their oxen and draft horses ever made it to Stockton, or anywhere in Missouri. The OP was from 2006, and was the last post made by Deer Deer. Perhaps the poster forgot their user name and registered again under a different moniker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri