Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2006, 08:43 AM

3 posts, read 17,531 times

Advertisements

Looking for places we might hunt for some of the Round Rocks near Osceola. Rock collecting is a family hobby of ours. Will pay for the privilege. We live in the Winfield, Mo. area. Will provide waivers and release of liability.

Thanks, Darryl

Email me @ darrylvaughan1@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2006, 05:31 AM

1 posts, read 7,626 times
Talking rocks

if you are still wanting to go look for round rocks i know where to find them i could work something out with you.emil me at loudbydesign@hotmail.com

Old 01-31-2007, 11:40 PM

17 posts, read 67,253 times
Hello Darryl, the round rocks your talking about, do you mean the ones they call Geo's? If so, you can find plenty of them just laying along the road at times if you drive north on Hwy.61 towards Canton and Palmyra. Friends of mine who live up in that area say it isn't anything surprizing to run across them all the time. Hope this helps.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:33 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
There are some rocks from around Osceola that are not Geod's. I was told they were volcanic. I would like to have some as well.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 AM

2 posts, read 8,464 times
Default Round Rocks

Checkout [URL="http://www.rockmeteor.com"]www.rockmeteor.com[/URL]! It is a site dedicated to the information and has a great resource of the best examples of round rocks on the planet. Send an email to them and you can get a personalized tour of a spot of land where there are thousands of these very odd rocks. I have personally opened 50 or so of them and each one has something different to it. Blows your mind!

Old 12-20-2008, 04:41 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
I have friends who collect them - I am forbidden to say where!!! Sorry!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 01:45 AM

3 posts, read 8,528 times
I have 25 acres in Osceola Mo. 64776, and a building in town. Also have been collecting round rocks and fossils before they found out a METEORITE hit in the area. The fossils are amazing, and educational. You can actually find fossils that aren"t recorded as to what they are. Geologist and palentologist will have to write a new book on what will be discovered in the area. When the meteorite hit, they call it a duck soup occurance. Duck soup meaning, when the huge catasrophic event happened, melting of rock and substances were blown up, and when it all came back down, it sealed the area, and everything in the area is an amazing wonder. You have well preserved fossils, that you can see. You may not know what they are, because they are newly discovered fossils. You have to open your mind, and realize alot of the things you find in Osceola area have never been discovered. So there is little , or no information on what they are. It's like trying to read a page in the worlds history. It's there, you just have to keep an open mind on what you are seeing. I have noticed the rounds are not as plentiful as they used to be. I would say, eventually they will be hard to find. Osceola area is definitely a place to discover many wonders. You'll love it, if your interested in earths history. There is alot of stories in these rocks, yet to be told. antiokly@gmail.com

Old 04-20-2013, 01:49 AM

3 posts, read 8,528 times
The stories are in the rocks, we just have to be capable of being open minded enough to read them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri