Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:20 AM

17 posts, read 33,553 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your prayers. Jim's mom is doing good. She is in a nursing home for therapy. She can open her one eye but says that the light still kind of hurts it, it has been closed for over 2 weeks. She was sitting up in a recliner and will be having a feeding tube put in because her swallowing is not too good and they are afraid she will choke. Her spirits are up and we feel pretty confident that she will get better. Apparently the doctor didn't know exactly what he was talking about because he told the family that she wouldn't be coming out of the hospital and that they better make funeral arrangements. Just goes to show us who is in charge.
Karey, WOW......... I am so excited for you. You are north of where we are but at least you are coming. Good luck and have a safe trip.
Linnie, yep, I know where the Mexican place is. We haven't been there yet. We have been going to the Corner Cafe which is a couple of doors down. We hear that place has awesome Mexican food. We love Miller's Grill too. It kind of reminds me of Apple Bees, my favorite place. I wish we had one around here but we would have to go to Springfield or Rolla.
Thank you again for all the kind words everyone. We have some weak spots in our floors that we have to have taken care of. Sellers never disclosed. As soon as we get that all taken care of, we are so having a get together. We are water sealing the deck today. It should dry fast. We had some problems with the pool but seem to have that under control. It takes time to learn everything. We have been here a month but had to go back to Michigan once and then back up to Cleveland. We hope that we can get back on track with the house. We will write later. Thank you again everyone.

Kim and Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 08:23 AM

Boonies..................... thats for sure LOL It does get dark out here.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:09 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
Just thought I'd say hi! I grew up in Houston which is just a few miles from Cabool. You're officially livin' in the boonies now!! *lol*

When we visit my mom and dad, we occasionally eat at the Mexican restaurant in Cabool...excellent food!

-Good luck with you new experience!
Well, hi, Linnie! Thanks for the tip on the restaurant! We'll remember that if we find ourself out...in the boonies there! So, where do you live now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caboolbound2 View Post
Hi everyone,
Thank you for your prayers. Jim's mom is doing good. She is in a nursing home for therapy. ... Just goes to show us who is in charge.

Thank you again for all the kind words everyone. We have some weak spots in our floors that we have to have taken care of. Sellers never disclosed. As soon as we get that all taken care of, we are so having a get together. We are water sealing the deck today. It should dry fast. We had some problems with the pool but seem to have that under control. It takes time to learn everything. We have been here a month but had to go back to Michigan once and then back up to Cleveland. We hope that we can get back on track with the house. We will write later. Thank you again everyone.

Kim and Jim
Sooo glad to hear from you, Kim! Glad to know Jim's mom is doing so well. Yep, sounds like God's still on the job, huh?!

As for your house and the floors/non-disclosure issue, I'm no Realtor and I don't know for certain, but I remember reading that just because you closed the deal doesn't mean you have no options or recourse. I suggest you talk to your realtor or pose a question at the real estate forum here at CD to find out if I am right or wrong.

Either way, just keep takin' it a day at a time and try to live in the moment and you'll get through it better than most! Give a hug to Jim and ask him to give one back for us, okay? Thanks again for the update!

MrsG

Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 PM

We are just waiting for the floor guy to get back to us and then we will be calling the realtor. We are hoping to get the estimate tomorrow. The floor guy also thinks that the floors may be covered by the manufacturer. We hope so. We would love to meet you all in person, have a get together or such.
Kim and Jim

Old 08-02-2007, 09:51 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caboolbound2 View Post
We are just waiting for the floor guy to get back to us and then we will be calling the realtor. We are hoping to get the estimate tomorrow. The floor guy also thinks that the floors may be covered by the manufacturer. We hope so. We would love to meet you all in person, have a get together or such.
Kim and Jim
uggg sorry to hear about the floors Kim!! If you have any questions regarding the pool let me know as I was in the biz for many years.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:23 PM

thank you so much....... so far so good on the pool. If anything pops up you will be the first that we ask. Hope all is well with everyone.
Kim

Old 09-17-2007, 09:43 AM

3 posts, read 5,254 times
Did you enroll your children in Cabool Schools? I've lived here 18 years and love it!
Welcome! pscott@fidnet.com
Patty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri