Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 12:11 AM

9 posts, read 14,092 times

Advertisements

I am wondering just a few things...first of all what breed of pitbull has a black nose and is mosty white with maybe a few fawn spots?? second of all... i, for one cannot understand peoples hate for pitbulls....i have my own that is the biggest lover u have ever seen... i see other pits who are the same way... ive seen chihuahuas be more agressive than pitbulls or neother dog... makes no sense to kill off one breed when all breeds can snap....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 08:02 AM

229 posts, read 652,755 times
I personally love Pit Bulls and have 1 right now. She is my baby and she knows that she is spoiled. I have had Pits in the past and never had one go stupid on me at all. I think it is like any thing else it is how to raise them. Oh yeah i have a neighbor that has them chewawa's and they are so mean. You can walk down the street and they try and attack you from behind. If they ever bite me or my grandkids the cops will be called.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:44 PM

15,972 posts, read 9,331,611 times
I can understand the hate. Pitbulls are dangerous, unpredictable beings. An ankle biting chihuahua is not.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:51 AM

529 posts, read 1,001,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I can understand the hate. Pitbulls are dangerous, unpredictable beings. An ankle biting chihuahua is not.
People are more dangerous and unpredictable than dogs. Do you hate people?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:04 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,400,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdm_ad View Post
It would be interesting to compare the number of pit bull attacks/total estimated pit bull population to the number of human attacks/total estimated human population. I don't know if such information exists, but it would certainly help to either dispel or bolster common beliefs about the dangers of pit bulls.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:48 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,157,019 times
There is no comparing a Pit's bite vs a Chihuahua bite. I would rather be attacked by 50 of the little Chihuahua dogs than one lock down bite from a Pit Bull. Are there any stats in regards to how many other dogs turn against the owner vs Pit's?

Old 05-17-2010, 01:58 PM

15,972 posts, read 9,331,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdm_ad View Post
Absolutely not. I will take issue with pitbull owners who say they had no idea why their little sweetie went nuts and mauled somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
There is no comparing a Pit's bite vs a Chihuahua bite. I would rather be attacked by 50 of the little Chihuahua dogs than one lock down bite from a Pit Bull.
That's the difference right there.

Edit to add.... I'm talking about irresponsible owners who refuse to accept the idea that its a dangerous breed and act accordingly.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:34 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,481,209 times
Quote:
(speaking as a dog lover and co-owner of a 103 lb ultra-friendly, hyperactive and borderline insane Irish Setter)

I'm not sure - I've met some really cool APBTs that were ultra-friendly (responsible owners) and had a lot of entertaining character. They are very intelligent dogs and, while they may be aggresive towards other dogs, are generally VERY friendly with humans.

Conversely, I've encountered some smaller breeds (Chihuahua, Yorkie, Rat Terrier) that definitely suffered from the Napoleonic Complex and thought they had to act like bad@sses 24/7.

I think it depends on (1) the breeding history and (2) the commitment and capacity of the dog owner. Aggression is a sign of lousy breeders/owners.

One of our neighbors has a Doberman, and she's an absolute softie, loves to lick the crap out of everyone. Conversely, our "neighborhood @sshole" (liberal BMW-driving snotty lawyer with Stepford wife and no kids) has a Yorkshire Terrier that barks and bites at everyone. The little turd bit our Irish Setter (who loves everyone and everything) once and I wanted kick the sh*t out of the Yorkie and its soulless owners. It's not really a dog, it's more like a gutter rat. But again, not all Yorkies are little troublemakers. As we can't generalize humans, we can't generalize dog breeds.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:40 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,878,106 times
Quote:
Funny. The AKC totally disagrees with your uninformed opinion:

"...The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is extremely courageous and obedient, highly intelligent and affectionate with a sense of humor. This, coupled with its affection for its friends, and children in particular, its off-duty quietness and trustworthy stability, makes it a foremost all-purpose dog. He looks forward to daily exercise, and his powerful jaws enjoy a supply of sturdy chew toys. While he is a sweet-tempered, affectionate dog, his strength and determination require an experienced owner who can work with him in a firm, but gentle way. The Staffie’s coat is short and smooth, and needs only a quick brushing once a week."

Pit Bulls (a.k.a. Staffordshire Bull Terriers) are excellent with children. A bad owner makes or breaks a dog.

And no...I don't own a pit bull. I have a German Shepherd. But I've know plenty of pit bulls. None of them were at all human aggressive.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:50 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,157,019 times
When they bite then it is the BITE of Bites!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri