Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 06:55 PM

265 posts, read 615,312 times

Advertisements

hmmmm, last I heard Mount Vernon was a little church on 39th and prospect. really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 07:09 PM

452 posts, read 1,639,577 times
ive been through Mt. Vernon hundreds of times over the last 15 years. Honestly i've never been terribly impressed with the town. One thing I witnessed in particular is a rowdy fight at the sonic drive in among a bunch of scrungy looking locals. Im sure it's not the worst town the the region but I don't see anything spectacular about it.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,831 times
All the churches Here Suck, they are just a front thats why we have a huge Pagan Community.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:44 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealm View Post
All the churches Here Suck, they are just a front thats why we have a huge Pagan Community.
Yeah, I am sure that as a Pagan, you would know oh so much about the churches. Very tolerant of you. NOT!!

Old 01-12-2009, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 3,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Yeah, I am sure that as a Pagan, you would know oh so much about the churches. Very tolerant of you. NOT!!
Guess what been in churches till i was 18 years old, they are all a bunch of hypocrites, and liars, just trying to line thier pockets with the money of the poor, sick, and less fortunate. They say they are all God Fearing and all that, but yet they all engage in illegal activities, have thier hands in the local government, when thier own "saviour" says to be no part of this world, I.E not being involved with the governments, but living by thier rules. think about it, and if your wanting to start a flame war, think again i have better to do than fight over the internet.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGreen View Post
Like Mount Vernon or not, one thing the folks in Mount Vernon can be proud of is according to city-data's Mount Vernon's page: Quote: According to our research there were no registered sex offenders living in this city in early 2007.

I've been searching for a place to move and doing a lot of research, most towns with a population of 300 will usually have at least one if not two.
that is not 100% true,they lived here they just didnt register, and they still live here, you might want to check your data again.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,714 times
maybe if the people here were more open to change and actually had something for the teens to do instead of opening up a bunch of places and then taking it away. all your doing is creating more crap for everyone to deal with, there isn't even a arcade here anymore and that atleast kept people occupied, but our crime is up now from lack of entertainment, who wants to sit in their house and watch movies all night, cuz thats all there is to do here in this town. give us atleast a an arcade or bowling alley? something geesh.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,649 times
I think we need something in our town because I'm a teenager and i get very bored! Mt. Vernon is a great town besides the lacking of fun.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,558 times
Wink Wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunned4beingme View Post
maybe if the people here were more open to change and actually had something for the teens to do instead of opening up a bunch of places and then taking it away. all your doing is creating more crap for everyone to deal with, there isn't even a arcade here anymore and that atleast kept people occupied, but our crime is up now from lack of entertainment, who wants to sit in their house and watch movies all night, cuz thats all there is to do here in this town. give us atleast a an arcade or bowling alley? something geesh.
Hey guys - I will be moving to town shortly. I realize that kids/teens in a small town need something to do or they find other things. I was one of them...it is absolutely imperative to find ones niche. What are most kids interested in there? Skateboards? Music? Dance? Thanks for your input and I look forward to getting some form of entertainment there soon!

Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,378 times
I traveled across our country, visiting small towns with my job as a computer programmer. I chose Mount Vernon out of all those small towns to be the place I raised my son. I am from California and being from a big city makes me appreciative of the small town charm Mount Vernon has. Of course Mount Vernon is not the best place to shop, but there are several resale shops with low prices where you can get most everything you need. Cluttered Closet, Unclaimed Treasures, Steve's Thrift Store, the Hope Center, Main Street Market, Mama Biscuit Flea Market, and Turners Ben Franklin are all great places to shop. Some of these stores even have "new" clothing. The teachers are great. I am in the PTA and you can become as involved as you choose to be. There is a meth problem but I would like to find one place where meth is not a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri