Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:17 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times

Advertisements

Gotta say I'm loving this for first title defense for boy-wonder.

I don't think we've ever seen Jon Jones in trouble, hit hard, on his back, etc. so many unknowns. Rampage can knock anyone out with one punch, if he catches him what happens. Rampage has great takedown defense but Jones tosses people so easily, how's that work?

Hughes/Kos = good stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 06:16 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
im really not interested much in that card. jones/rampage has all the makings of a quick end or a 5 round decision but it isnt a compelling fight to me. rampage has tried to hype it, and jones hasnt, hype only works if both sides do it.

i think kos kills hughes, i think hughes needs to retire and become a coach. i dont see that one getting to a decision.

the rest of the fights are just not compelling. this will be one i will read results on the next day.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:52 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,414,676 times
i dunno rigas...

i'm with you that this fight could end quick, especially if Jones is able to keep the distance and use his striking to wear Rampage out...but, and this may be a stretch, BUT if Rampage can dirty things up, and get his own slams in the mix, it could be an old fashioned dog fight. of course, that's what i'm hoping for, i'm not rooting for either guy, just a good fight!

Old 09-19-2011, 01:58 PM

Hate to sound too much like I'm actually driving the hype-wagin but I really do enjoy watching Jon Jones fight he's one of a kind. Curious when someone will actually challenge, hopefully it is Rampage.

When was the last time Rampage was really beaten up? I think its when Rua kicked him to death like six years ago.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:33 PM

i am on the fence with jones personally. but you guys know i dont really care for any of the champs lol. i was completely disappointed in shogun, its like he didnt care and looked terrible before he even got to the cage. i still think a motivated, in shape rua beats jones but no telling if we ever see that. i think rampage is the type of guy who can take jones, but there are a lot of ifs with him also. if he is in shape, if he is motivated, if he doesnt get lazy or careless/reckless. there are not a lot of guys to challenge jones at 205. i wouldnt mind seeing jones fight anderson silva at 205, and i would be rooting for jones there but i cant picture myself rooting for him against to many other guys. i would root for him over rashad but cant think of any others. i do like that he is facing more top tier guys, maybe he gets humbled, i think thats what will make me like him more. i mean the guy is the champ no doubt but outside of shogun he has only faced middle of the road or over hyped guys before that. this is a big test for him.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:56 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,261,029 times
Jon Jones is amazing, first of all.

secondly, as much as i'd like to see this fight, i cant justify spending 54.95 for it when the rest of the card looks like shyte. not with another, better overall card, happening what, two weeks later.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:19 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
Why don't you just watch it online lol

Old 09-21-2011, 02:55 PM

For in-between cards like this (just one or two fights I really want to see) usually make my way to any of the nearby bars showing it, where granted we usually spend at last $55 on beer and food anyway.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:11 PM

yeah we either go to like buffalo wild wings, or hooters or several of us will get together, split the cost and have a bbq or something.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:20 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times
Jon Jones is amazing. The craziest thing is he has a lot of room to improve. I think he is going to manhandle Rampage. I really like Rampage but I don't think he has the skills or athleticism to challenge Jones at this point. However, part of the fun of MMA is the unknown, I've been proven wrong before.

Anderson is the only person in the picture right now IMO to challenge, possibly beat Jones at 205. But if that fight is going to happen, it better happen soon, Anderson is getting older and Jones is getting better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)