Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:38 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,081,853 times

Advertisements

See so there you go you are proving my argument for me. If manny learned a ground game or takedown defense or how to check kicks or any of that, he would be a mixed marial artist and not a boxer.

And teaching a guy some takedown defense isn't an over night thing, wrestling like boxing (or any other art) takes years to master, decades. Look at James toney, he trained takedown defense with some of the best wrestlers around for 6 months, how did that workout for him?

And the reason a lot of the fights you talk about end up looking like boxing is because of the fighters grappling/wrestling. JDS has THE best takedown defense in all of mma. This affords him the chance to stand and punch. If he was easy to takedown then his boxing would not be so effective. Maynard/edger 3 I was at that fight and there was plenty of wrestling but both guys being high level wrestlers makes the fight a stand up battle.

I have yet to hear where you're from, I would gladly find you a place to go find out yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 11:58 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,967,450 times
UFC 151 is officially when UFC needs to completely change there viewpoint about PPV's. Stop making so many average at best cards 40 times a year. Cut back in the PPV amounts so you can have deeper cards. I miss the days when there were 3-4 legit good fights instead of 1-2 at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)