Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 12:05 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Nah. I think Connor has won the mental game absolutely with Jose. A possible rematch will do nothing to wrench the belt back to Brazil. Connor vs Frankie. Now that could be a great MMA bout.

Best performers from the last few days of MMA action : Connor Mcg and Luke Rockhold and

Luke Rockhold ........is ONE dangerous man. Nobody in the middleweight can touch him now

Dave "the wizard" Hall............UFC TUF 22..........lethal just like Luke Rockhold.

and Connor Mcg.......possibly the biggest name now or ever in the UFC. The man is cocky and conceited but it all part of the winning formula.
Rockhold was NO JOKE. He did everything Weidman does, but better. And while I get that Herb Dean didn't want to stop a title fight with seconds left in a round, he should have stopped that fight. Rockhold teed off for like 25 seconds on Weidman's head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 01:28 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,068 times
So true. At certain points of that penultimate round, I thought Herb D. should, in the interests of public safety, stop the bout. Rockhold was like a man possessed , and there to do the business, as there were no excessive showing of goodwill toward his opponent. Neither did he go the route of taunting or playing mind games with Weidman.

What impressed me about Rockhold, was how at one point in the earlier rounds, when both were standing and engaged in holding for a short period. The fighter from Santa Cruz, would have none of it , and made it known to Weidman by moving out of the resting hold and landing a side kick to the head.

Rockhold is so good that I would not advise Chris Weidman to get in the ring with him again. He will kill him next time around. Just too athletic, quick, flexible and dynamic for Weidman to handle in the octogon. Weidman looked so ordinary and lacking in craft for most of the fight.

As for Connor Mcg., the young gorilla has arrived and will probably humiliate Jose Aldo next time around.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:04 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
UCK, didn't expect Aldo to get smashed like that.

Hall, wow, the thing that impressed me about him is the way he beat the cr@9 outta his opponent on the ground. Hall is a high level grappler.....but very active on the ground with strikes, no loafing, impressive.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:13 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Amazing. In the time it takes to look away to dip a tortilla chip the fight was over. Lots of surprises latey in MMA and boxing too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)