Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 09:40 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Lol you guys seriously do t understand the Mayweather fight was a work? This is friggin hilarious.

I hate Mayweather but he could have ended Conor's life at any moment if he wanted. It wasn't a real fight.

He made Conor looka like Mickey Rourke. Oh I suppose those were real ko's too? Bwaaaahaaaahaaaaa!!!!!!
Sadly many people don't understand this at all. Even when it's right in their face. Go watch a lot of Mayweathers videos. He literally tells what he is doing. It's an exhibition, entertainment.

People also often forget that Floyd lost to the Big Show, so he is not really undefeated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2021, 09:56 AM

9 posts, read 4,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I personally think he got what he deserved via karma with his broken ankle. And then he called the opponents wife "a hoe". I mean grow up bro.
He also got worked over pretty good before that happened. That was almost a 10-8 round and could have been scored that way.

Out of curiosity, I looked it up and 2 of the 3 judges gave the first round to Poirier 10-8.

Old 07-11-2021, 11:17 AM

602 posts, read 313,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
McGregor is just a mad dog that needs to be put down. Whether he is raping women, attacking pensioners who don't want his whiskey, or making gun signs from his butt to a fighter who's beaten him, the guy is totally mental.
I've been of the opinion since 2018 ( see the video ) that he is mentally ill....sick in his brain that he has a death wish.....and some day I feel someone just might put him out of his misery once and for all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc56YrGbwu0

Old 07-11-2021, 12:33 PM

602 posts, read 313,003 times
More...

McGregor had dialed up the trash talk throughout the week leading up to the fight, but things escalated when the fight ended via doctor stoppage and Poirier was given the technical knockout. Visibly frustrated with how the match ended, McGregor sounded off on Poirier and even threated to kill him.

“Karma’s not a b–h, she’s a mirror,” Poirier told reporters after the fight. “There’s no holds barred with the trash talk, but murder is something you don’t clown around with.

“There’s no coming back from that, and this guy was saying he was going to murder me. He was telling me he was going to kill me … tomorrow I’m going to leave here in a coffin. You don’t talk like that to people, man. I hope this guy gets home safe to his beautiful family.”

When UFC commentator Joe Rogan handed McGregor the mic, the “Notorious” said he would take Poirier outside before turning his attention to Poirier’s wife, Jolie.

“Your wife is in my DMs,” McGregor said. “Hey baby, hit me back up on chat later on. We’ll be at the after party, the Wynn nightclub, baby. You look in bits, ya little h*!"

https://nypost.com/2021/07/11/conor-...rth-ufc-fight/

Last edited by Mr B Kind; 07-11-2021 at 12:43 PM..

Old 07-11-2021, 01:40 PM

12,384 posts, read 9,483,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
I've been of the opinion since 2018 ( see the video ) that he is mentally ill....sick in his brain that he has a death wish.....and some day I feel someone just might put him out of his misery once and for all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc56YrGbwu0
I agree, he is a talented fighter, but I think Conor has real issues. Mike Tyson was not only a superlative boxer, he too, was one messed up dude. Unfortunately, outrageous statements and even outrageous actions seem to rouse fan interest - like "Oh man, this guy is crazy, he's an animal, I have to see this fight!"... that, plus the backing organization seeking to protect their big moneymakers, means there are incentives and there aren't a lot of guard-rails to constrain these guys, whether these things are done as "an act" or as a pathology, at some point that distinction becomes unimportant.

Old 07-11-2021, 08:18 PM

1,037 posts, read 679,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I agree, he is a talented fighter, but I think Conor has real issues. Mike Tyson was not only a superlative boxer, he too, was one messed up dude. Unfortunately, outrageous statements and even outrageous actions seem to rouse fan interest - like "Oh man, this guy is crazy, he's an animal, I have to see this fight!"... that, plus the backing organization seeking to protect their big moneymakers, means there are incentives and there aren't a lot of guard-rails to constrain these guys, whether these things are done as "an act" or as a pathology, at some point that distinction becomes unimportant.
I heard it said about comedian Andrew Dice Clay years ago and I think it applies to McGregor as well. Originally "Clay" was a character played by the comedian, but after years of doing the act, the man who played Clay, became Clay. From there there was no turning back. I think I see the same thing with Conor now as well.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:04 AM

1,854 posts, read 794,015 times
With this recent loss, his sports cards may come down

Old 07-17-2021, 05:57 PM

812 posts, read 736,367 times
I don't get why his decline has surprised so many people. He made it clear from the beginning that his goal was to get in, get rich, and get out. He has his money, at this point he's just milking whatever else he can squeeze out of his loyal fanbase. Post-Mayweather fight, the guy isn't training like he used to. He's more interested in flaunting his wealth. Every time he loses, we hear the nonsense about "Oh, this time Conor is motivated". No, he isn't.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:57 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,364,460 times
What ever happened with the old man he punched in the bar?

Did what the old guy said to him ever get reported?

Old 07-18-2021, 10:46 AM

1,854 posts, read 794,015 times
The guy just isn't as good as he hypes himself up to be? I honestly have gotten past the stupid **** he's done. I can't wait for the next fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)