Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 11:15 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times

Advertisements

Seems like the UFC and Lesnar are trying to cash in. Didn't Lesnar recently say the thing he's most proud of is the money in his bank account? I guess he'll now have a little more to be proud of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 08:15 AM

217 posts, read 247,095 times
I think he has always had the desire to go back for one more fight. I am sure he is getting paid quite well of course.

Isn't making money the reason to be in business? I don't see the problem.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:17 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
It's ALL about the $$$$$$$$!

Old 06-06-2016, 04:39 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
ufc has been doing some shady stuff lately.
banning media, kicking photographers out in the middle of last event.
now bringing lesnar in vs hunt, last minute. just trying to make up for the lost ppv buys from the conner issues.

i love mma, but i decided a while back not to get a ppv for ufc ever again.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:18 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackRyder View Post
I think he has always had the desire to go back for one more fight. I am sure he is getting paid quite well of course.

Isn't making money the reason to be in business? I don't see the problem.
Didnt say making money is bad...

I heard someone mention White and McMahon working this out behind closed doors. UFC cashes in on Lesnar and WWE cashes in on the comeback hype a few weeks later at Summerslam. If I'm not mistaken Lesnar is under contract with WWE so they had to let him fight for UFC.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Brock didnt look that great in the last UFC fight i saw him in with Alistair Overeem, in fact the beast incarnate got his butt kicked in that fight.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:13 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Didnt say making money is bad...

I heard someone mention White and McMahon working this out behind closed doors. UFC cashes in on Lesnar and WWE cashes in on the comeback hype a few weeks later at Summerslam. If I'm not mistaken Lesnar is under contract with WWE so they had to let him fight for UFC.
Rumor is he had this in his contract to compete for a one time fight. Its a win/win for everyone. I think WWE will hype the results of the fight in a storyline. If he loses the next wrestler he feuds with will use this as ammo in promos. I would not be surprised if they even do another "final" confrontation with him and Undertaker, who himself is a follower of MMA. Undertaker wins then retires and is carried out by hooded druids or something like that.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:15 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
ufc has been doing some shady stuff lately.
banning media, kicking photographers out in the middle of last event.
now bringing lesnar in vs hunt, last minute. just trying to make up for the lost ppv buys from the conner issues.

i love mma, but i decided a while back not to get a ppv for ufc ever again.
LOL..i never paid for a UFC PPV.....LOL

Old 06-14-2016, 10:17 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
When is it ever not a money grab?

Old 06-15-2016, 06:05 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
The problem with Brock is that he does not do well when hit. He covers up, bends over, and backs up. As such he is a great target to get his ass handed to him. Unless he learns to stand his ground move his head and move side to side while not loosing sight of his opponent when getting punched at he will fail under the pressure of guys like Alistar, Cain, ect. Hunt will probably kick him in the head when he bends over and turtles from his punches. He has potential but to late and he has some bad habits in the stand up. Hunt can take a punch as well as give one. Brocks got a big head and can take a whoopin - he took that knee from Cain pretty well - of course he was mauled as he turtled and Cain got the call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)