Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Will it End?
Nunes - KO or TKO Win 15 45.45%
Rousey - Submission Win 14 42.42%
Fight Goes Full Rounds, Ends with Descision 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 05:30 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
I watched Nunes losses and she looks like cr*p when she gets gassed.
If Ronda feels she is losing or cannot get anything going against Nunes, she'll have to slip and move to get into later rounds. If I had even a molecule of respect for her coach I would expect some kind of game plan. He's just a one trick pony and Nunes is with a Real club.
But Ronda will be tired before Nunes. Amanda can get to round 3, then she gasses.

Ronda was tired after 1 round with Holly. And I think she gassed in round 2 with Tate.

So wearing AManda down isn't in her cards, because her cardio isn't that good either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 11:00 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Well, looks like Ronda's going to get her acting career started.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:19 PM

People who bet on Nunes to win just got them some good money. lol

Old 12-30-2016, 11:41 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Shocking outcome. I can't believe she didn't get a single punch in, especially with the preparation she undertook. Was hard to watch and this is devastating for her.

Expecting her to annouce her retirement. She had a great career, hopefully invested her money right and has a future in acting and other endeavors. One chapter closes another opens. I hope she does not contemplate suicide again or go down a road of booze or drugs to ease things though.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:23 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I'm looking forward to Cruz vs Garbrandt. As for Ronda, I'm hoping that she has been convinced that she's not a boxer. If she gets it to the ground, it's Ronda all the way. I might be biased as she is a client, I appraised her house.
I said it before and I'll say it again, Dear Ronda, "You're NOT A F'ING BOXER !!!!!"

Old 12-31-2016, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again, Dear Ronda, "You're NOT A F'ING BOXER !!!!!"
True. But the fight is gonna start off on the feet. So it starts with the striker's game. And Ronda has to strike some, just to set up her clinch. And she eats punches trying to close distance.

That worked in the past with women who weren't much better at striking than she was. But sadly, she can't pull that against professional boxers and strikers that hit harder than the past girls she faced, because Holly and Nunes results happen.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:20 AM

465 posts, read 418,400 times
Default Wow your smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
I actually like Ronda Rousey(R2) alot, but I think she will be knocked out. R2 experienced a significant KO, so much so, that she was completely out of it after the fight. In Boxing follow-on fights results in KOs(almost like the start of punch drunk). The good news is that she appeared to follow PACman's approach of taking a lot of time off so maybe she is fully recovered.

Also, I watched a couple of her interviews since the KO. She acts like she is broken, like a tamed bucking bronco. I think she is going through the motions. Her reaction to the first solid punch will provide an early indicator of where she is at.
Spot on! Your wicked smart!

Old 12-31-2016, 03:33 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Well that was ugly.
Her career is over or she smartens up and leaves that hack of a coach.

Nunes "She thinks she’s a boxer,” Nunes said of Rousey. “He [Edmond Tarverdyan] put that in her head and he has her believing that. I don’t know why he did that. She has great judo. She could go further in this division, but he put some crazy thing about boxing [in her head] and then her career started going down. I’m the real striker here.”

Her coach is a joke.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:21 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Rousey got a big check for this. From her prefight demeanor, it was obvious she had one foot out the door. Can't win with that mentality.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:55 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,239 times
Lmao. Rousey got beat out the frame. Hopefully now she will fade into obscurity. Been over seeing the media hype this overrated woman up. She has no defense, it's like she just trained on her punches and nothing else. Her coach is trash, she should've canned him after that last arse whooping she received. And she's clearly mentally weak. She always seemed like a wolf ticket seller, I saw thru her facade a long time ago. Hopefully she hangs it up before she has another mental episode

Rhonda just retire. You can't fight. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)