Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2016, 03:13 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times

Advertisements

We have the UFC in MSG...It's Time!!!!!!!!!!! Who is going for who???

My picks in BOLD
UFC 205 PPV Card
Eddie Alvarez (c) vs.Conor McGregor
Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Donald Cerrone
Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Michael Johnson
Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 04:40 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
UFC 205 PPV Card
Eddie Alvarez (c) vs.Conor McGregor
Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Donald Cerrone
Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Michael Johnson
Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy

i think eddie derails the conor hype train.
wonderboy is going to show the world why hes called wonder boy.
joanna champion is THE best striker in mma.
chris weidman is headed back to the title
cowboy will either win a decision or get KOed.
tate is a level above pennington.
frankie will out work stevens
kabib is just a monster
and my boy tim is going to out work and finally retire rashad (rashad should have retired a long time ago)

Old 11-08-2016, 01:49 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
And, as always, my betting perspective, where relevant:

I don't know what to think of McGregor anymore. It's like we can see one of two different fighters show up. For the money, I'd take Alvarez at +139.

I love Woodley at +168. Even money, I'd take Thompson.

Jedrzejczyk wins almost no matter the odds. People are finally starting to catch on, but she's been the most underrated fighter for months. Even at -385, she's a steal.

Weidman is an easy choice at -164. I'd pick him as low as -250 even.

Ditto Cerrone at -153. Easy pick.

Tate at -182 is close, but I probably side with her. -200 would probably be my limit.

I love Edgar to win, but -330 is too pricey for me. I just wouldn't bet at all here.

Khabib is ridiculous. I'm not THRILLED about -280, but he's so good, it barely matters.

And I think Kennedy wins, but I like Evans price at +190.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:34 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
This is slightly OT, but anyone have UFC Fight Pass?? What I want to know is whether Fight Pass is like the WWE Network where you can watch the PPV events through your subscription, or whether the PPV events are only on PPV and can only watch them via Fight Pass after the event has concluded.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:02 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
This is slightly OT, but anyone have UFC Fight Pass?? What I want to know is whether Fight Pass is like the WWE Network where you can watch the PPV events through your subscription, or whether the PPV events are only on PPV and can only watch them via Fight Pass after the event has concluded.
ppv is above and beyond fight pass.
separate
the prelims are normally on FP too

Old 11-12-2016, 11:57 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
McGregor is a joke, this guy needs to fight the right weight class. This is like Jon Jones cutting 30-40 pounds and running train on welterweight and lightweight divisions.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:29 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
McGregor is a joke, this guy needs to fight the right weight class. This is like Jon Jones cutting 30-40 pounds and running train on welterweight and lightweight divisions.
If someone can beat people in multiple weight classes, then who is anyone to tell them what "the right weight class" is? If you can make weight, you can fight in that division. Dropping 10 pounds on a fighting weight takes a toll on any fighter, let alone 30-40 (I feel more than comfortable saying that Jon Jones would get cut in half by lightweighters if he somehow dropped 40 pounds).

Sometimes, fighters drop a division and end up realizing that's where they really belonged all along; that they were trying to carry too much extra muscle and ended up being less efficient in their previous division.

And what about the fighters who gain weight and move upwards? Would they not be fighting in "the right weight class" either?

Sometimes fighters want to experiment styles. Sometimes they flat out run out of competition at their current level. Some are motivated by winning as diversely as possible. As long as they can do so within the rules, I have no problem with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)