Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 04:43 PM

578 posts, read 458,308 times

Advertisements

Time for her to retire,ever since that fight to holly holm she sucks!

She got knocked out so fast I thought i was dreaming lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 05:13 PM

770 posts, read 836,740 times
Her problem since she still training with the worst coach in the business Edmund. He has made her devolve into thinking she is a striker since the Beth Correia ko. Plus she is no longer taking out soccer mom's and accountants she is now fighting real strikers and is getting destroyed. If she wants to fight again she needs a new camp otherwise she needs to retire.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:15 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
I second TempeAZnative's post.

She has gotten much worse under the tutelage of Edmond Tarverdyan. I don't know what she's thinking or how he got her hooks into her so deep that she won't listen to her own mother, who is far from being clueless, and also other people around her. Edmond is a fraud. Look at what happened to Jake Ellenberger when he started to train with Edmond. His career went down the crapper. Travis Brown had a winning record before training with that fraud. Now he has a losing record in the UFC. Ronda has become victim #3.

It's her own fault for refusing to the light despite what others are or have been telling her. She should have stuck to the judo and worked on building foundations in BJJ and wrestling. She was never meant to be a striker. Her bread and butter has been clinching and doing work on the ground. Her striking is very stiff. She doesn't move her head around, her feet are flat and there isn't any movement there or in her legs, her legs are too close, she doesn't tuck in her chin, and she leaves her fists on the side which causes her stationary head to become a massive target. I doubt Edmond has her spar with anybody. Anybody can look somewhat decent while punching bags and pads. Sparring is a different story.

The other thing is she has too many distractions. She did pave the way for women to become apart of the UFC. She also defended her belt six times. The sport evolved too fast for Ronda and her training mistakes have turned into disasters. Amanda eats, sleeps, and breathes MMA. A fair chunk of the women in the UFC live the MMA lifestyle whereas Ronda is busy doing other crap.

I don't think she was fully committed to this fight after being knocked out by Holly Holm. In that fight, it was painfully obvious to everyone she didn't really even train for the fight. I, like so many others, thought it was a horrible mismatch in Ronda's favor. I, like many, were very seriously wrong. Why would anybody in their right mind attempt to stand and bang with a world class female kickboxer? Edmond's corner commentary between those rounds was something else. It's obvious to me he's riding on her coattails and cashing in while she's floundering.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:27 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I second TempeAZnative's post.

She has gotten much worse under the tutelage of Edmond Tarverdyan. I don't know what she's thinking or how he got her hooks into her so deep that she won't listen to her own mother, who is far from being clueless, and also other people around her. Edmond is a fraud. Look at what happened to Jake Ellenberger when he started to train with Edmond. His career went down the crapper. Travis Brown had a winning record before training with that fraud. Now he has a losing record in the UFC. Ronda has become victim #3.

It's her own fault for refusing to the light despite what others are or have been telling her. She should have stuck to the judo and worked on building foundations in BJJ and wrestling. She was never meant to be a striker. Her bread and butter has been clinching and doing work on the ground. Her striking is very stiff. She doesn't move her head around, her feet are flat and there isn't any movement there or in her legs, her legs are too close, she doesn't tuck in her chin, and she leaves her fists on the side which causes her stationary head to become a massive target. I doubt Edmond has her spar with anybody. Anybody can look somewhat decent while punching bags and pads. Sparring is a different story.

The other thing is she has too many distractions. She did pave the way for women to become apart of the UFC. She also defended her belt six times. The sport evolved too fast for Ronda and her training mistakes have turned into disasters. Amanda eats, sleeps, and breathes MMA. A fair chunk of the women in the UFC live the MMA lifestyle whereas Ronda is busy doing other crap.

I don't think she was fully committed to this fight after being knocked out by Holly Holm. In that fight, it was painfully obvious to everyone she didn't really even train for the fight. I, like so many others, thought it was a horrible mismatch in Ronda's favor. I, like many, were very seriously wrong. Why would anybody in their right mind attempt to stand and bang with a world class female kickboxer? Edmond's corner commentary between those rounds was something else. It's obvious to me he's riding on her coattails and cashing in while she's floundering.
Ronda didn't pave the way for women's mma. Gina Carano was the 1st big star of women's mma. Ronda saw what Gina did and decided to give it a try.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:35 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Ronda didn't pave the way for women's mma. Gina Carano was the 1st big star of women's mma. Ronda saw what Gina did and decided to give it a try.
She played a part but didn't reach anywhere near the star power Ronda did. Gina straight up quit MMA after being beaten by Cristiane. Not only that, Gina was also just a pretty face with some MMA skills. Ronda didn't totally quit. However, I don't expect to see her any time soon in the octagon or elsewhere in combat sports in the near future. I woudn't be surprised if she decides to take her talents to professional wrestling.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:45 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
She played a part but didn't reach anywhere near the star power Ronda did. Gina straight up quit MMA after being beaten by Cristiane. Not only that, Gina was also just a pretty face with some MMA skills. Ronda didn't totally quit. However, I don't expect to see her any time soon in the octagon or elsewhere in combat sports in the near future. I woudn't be surprised if she decides to take her talents to professional wrestling.
Gina has kickboxing and mma records so not just a pretty face. She trained at Jackson's MMA. At least she had the balls to fight Cyborg. Ronda was avoiding Cyborg at all cost.

Ronda became a big star with the UFC marketing. Ronda heavily relied on her Judo. She didn't develop her striking since she felt that no one had an answer for her main weapon. Holly Holm had the recipe to defeat her and it's now confirmed with Amanda. She has no striking nor striking defense.

Ronda either has to retire, come back and face an amount that is willing to take a loss, win that fight and then retire, or train with a year with a top level striking coach with high level sparring partners.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:44 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Gina has kickboxing and mma records so not just a pretty face. She trained at Jackson's MMA. At least she had the balls to fight Cyborg. Ronda was avoiding Cyborg at all cost.

Ronda became a big star with the UFC marketing. Ronda heavily relied on her Judo. She didn't develop her striking since she felt that no one had an answer for her main weapon. Holly Holm had the recipe to defeat her and it's now confirmed with Amanda. She has no striking nor striking defense.

Ronda either has to retire, come back and face an amount that is willing to take a loss, win that fight and then retire, or train with a year with a top level striking coach with high level sparring partners.
Carano also had power. If you watch her fight with Cyborg again, she managed to back Cyborg up with a punch. She had Cyborg moving back, and using counter punching to get Carano to the ground.

So Gina had skills. She wasn't just a hype-job because she was hot.

True, Gina did quit after her loss. But she did take a tough fight that many women will not.

And people defend Ronda saying "Cyborg is roided up"

Ronda ran her mouth saying

1. She could be Cain Valasquez
2. Saying she'd whoop Floyd Mayweather
3. Saying she wanted to beat of Bryan Caraway, like many others got to do
4. Talking about beating up the men in the Bantamweight division

If she honestly believes she can beat up professional male fighters, the a ripped female fighter should be no problem. Especially when Ronda said she'd fight Fallon Fox, who is a transexual. Then said she'd go up in weight to face Carano. And talking crap about Layla Ali, who's much bigger than she is.

But with Cyborg, it's 135 or nothing. Ronda used to fight at 145. So, it's not like it's an unfamiliar weight that she couldn't do. But Cyborg has to come down, rather than her going up which is perfectly manageable.

Old 01-03-2017, 09:13 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,855 times
Thanks for the informative posts, Ryu, and Vanilla. I didn't know all of that.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:46 PM

770 posts, read 836,740 times
Ronda always got lit up before she would get the Clinch. Mcmann cracked her a few times before Ronda got the Clinch and armbar. So you could see that coming a mile away and Greg Jackson had the perfect game plan to beat her. Nunes just took it to the next level. A powerful striker was what was going to derail her.

WME was banking too much with this fight not promoting the champ and creating Ronda only promos trying to make her a 2 belt champion. Which was the whole point of creating the 145 division and having Holm be the 45 champ and Rousey being the 35 champ. Creating that title vs title grudge match.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:07 PM

7,526 posts, read 11,358,025 times
Ronda shouldn't have taken this fight for her first fight back. She has too much ring rust to be fighting the champion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)