Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 01:32 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times

Advertisements

It appears Conor Mcg may very likely not face any jail time and just take a plea. Already Dana White , already and just a few days after the bus incident, is talking of a Khabib vs Conor fight for end of Dec. '18.
Given Khabib's strong work ethic, he might take a fight against Tony Ferguson July or August and then book MSG in NYC for NYE '18 .

After Khabib's performance last night, dominant as it was, there are some UFC fighter actually relieved to see Khabib taken the full 5 rounds by Alquinta , a fighter in the top 12 or so Lightweights in the UFC. No, Khabib did not take him out in the first minute or so as some had predicted. Conor, Tony, GSP, Max, Nate & the one who will cause Khabib many problems , Brian Ortega are feeling better now about their chances against Khabib.

If and when Conor goes toe to toe with Khabib, it will not all be on the ground , both fighters will stand and unleash left hooks and uppercuts on each other in an epic fashion. Will Conor do better as the underdog going into the fight, will Khabib show any signs of weakness in his game, will he lose that deadly edge enjoyed now over the rest since Alquinta took him the distance?. All qsts on everyone's minds and the answers will be revealed over a very interesting year ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 10:36 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
I only liked Conor for his fighting anyway. But now that he is so unfocused on MMA and off trying be some famous person who has divided his interests and focus on **** like a clothing line, acting, alcoholic beverages, boxing, etc. while not defending his belt I just say **** off and leave MMA. He's annoying now and I don't really think he has a Champion's mindset nor is he, as he made everyone believe, in love with MMA so much so that that's all he wanted to do and was the love of his life - blah, blah, blah. He is more interested in fame and money and the way he is going it would not surprise me if in 20 years he is broke. His attitude and arrogance may just burn all his bridges.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:57 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
I just hope the fighters who got hurt can come back healthy. I hope Ray Borg's eye is ok. If he can't come back the same again, then Conor should never be allowed to come back to the UFC, no matter how much I would love to see him get his ass beat by Khabib.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
It appears Conor Mcg may very likely not face any jail time and just take a plea. Already Dana White , already and just a few days after the bus incident, is talking of a Khabib vs Conor fight for end of Dec. '18.
Given Khabib's strong work ethic, he might take a fight against Tony Ferguson July or August and then book MSG in NYC for NYE '18 .

After Khabib's performance last night, dominant as it was, there are some UFC fighter actually relieved to see Khabib taken the full 5 rounds by Alquinta , a fighter in the top 12 or so Lightweights in the UFC. No, Khabib did not take him out in the first minute or so as some had predicted. Conor, Tony, GSP, Max, Nate & the one who will cause Khabib many problems , Brian Ortega are feeling better now about their chances against Khabib.

If and when Conor goes toe to toe with Khabib, it will not all be on the ground , both fighters will stand and unleash left hooks and uppercuts on each other in an epic fashion. Will Conor do better as the underdog going into the fight, will Khabib show any signs of weakness in his game, will he lose that deadly edge enjoyed now over the rest since Alquinta took him the distance?. All qsts on everyone's minds and the answers will be revealed over a very interesting year ahead.
Khabib-Ferguson, Khabib-Holloway, and Khabib-Ortega are all fights I would love to see and I hope they can happen.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:20 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Indeed a ban for life would be setting a couple example. With a conviction under his belt, Conor won’t be back in the US as many Countries including England, etc won’t allow people with a conviction to obtain a tourist visa and/or keep a green card.
Jon Jones got to plough into a pregnant woman and ran, theres no chance he gets banned for this. Theres too much money in him to ban him. These are fighters too, you cant expect them to have too much common sense. Its literally their job to try and kill someone in a cage.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:24 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
I'm not sure this was a "work" in the WWE sense when it resulted in legit injuries that took guys off a PPV card. Doesn't seem like something Dana White would have happen, even if those types of staged stunts have happened before.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:48 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I only liked Conor for his fighting anyway. But now that he is so unfocused on MMA and off trying be some famous person who has divided his interests and focus on **** like a clothing line, acting, alcoholic beverages, boxing, etc. while not defending his belt I just say **** off and leave MMA. He's annoying now and I don't really think he has a Champion's mindset nor is he, as he made everyone believe, in love with MMA so much so that that's all he wanted to do and was the love of his life - blah, blah, blah. He is more interested in fame and money and the way he is going it would not surprise me if in 20 years he is broke. His attitude and arrogance may just burn all his bridges.
He has no class.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I just hope the fighters who got hurt can come back healthy. I hope Ray Borg's eye is ok. If he can't come back the same again, then Conor should never be allowed to come back to the UFC, no matter how much I would love to see him get his ass beat by Khabib.

Khabib-Ferguson, Khabib-Holloway, and Khabib-Ortega are all fights I would love to see and I hope they can happen.
Following Khabib's performance against Iaquinta, half of the lightweight division now feel confident of their chances versus Khabib. Even Khabib abmitted his corner was not happy with his overall performance. What effect will finally winning the belt have for Khabib?. Will he relax a bit and take the foot off the gas to enjoy the status of top LW fighter or will it be just the start of a dominating time as the best in the division?. I for one felt he looked maybe a tad tired of the dramatics involved in the last fight week. Joe Rogan, a Khabib fan was not too sure anymore of Khabib's invincible side. He sounded doubtful and was not alone in that respect.

For the coming year :

Khabib will fight Conor probably Sept or Dec.

Will Khabib fight maybe Max Holloway as a first defense before taking on Conor ?

GSP is too old and now far too heavy to cut down to 155. So, that is more of a non runner at this point.

Khabib vs Tony, only as money fight of sorts for both, maybe 2 years from now when Khabib loses the title.

Regardless of whether Conor beats Khabib, he will probably have his last fight vs Floyd Mayweather. Conor will fight twice in the next 12 months : Khabib for pride & Mayweather for the money.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:43 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Following Khabib's performance against Iaquinta, half of the lightweight division now feel confident of their chances versus Khabib. Even Khabib abmitted his corner was not happy with his overall performance. What effect will finally winning the belt have for Khabib?. Will he relax a bit and take the foot off the gas to enjoy the status of top LW fighter or will it be just the start of a dominating time as the best in the division?. I for one felt he looked maybe a tad tired of the dramatics involved in the last fight week. Joe Rogan, a Khabib fan was not too sure anymore of Khabib's invincible side. He sounded doubtful and was not alone in that respect.

For the coming year :

Khabib will fight Conor probably Sept or Dec.

Will Khabib fight maybe Max Holloway as a first defense before taking on Conor ?

GSP is too old and now far too heavy to cut down to 155. So, that is more of a non runner at this point.

Khabib vs Tony, only as money fight of sorts for both, maybe 2 years from now when Khabib loses the title.

Regardless of whether Conor beats Khabib, he will probably have his last fight vs Floyd Mayweather. Conor will fight twice in the next 12 months : Khabib for pride & Mayweather for the money.
I don’t really care for McGregor-Mayweather. Floyd wouldn’t last 5 minutes with Conor. I think Khabib was a little sloppy, but if he faces McGregor or Ferguson I think he’ll be on point.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I don’t really care for McGregor-Mayweather. Floyd wouldn’t last 5 minutes with Conor. I think Khabib was a little sloppy, but if he faces McGregor or Ferguson I think he’ll be on point.
Best thing maybe for fight fans was too see Khabib appear mortal, with room for improvement in some areas, when he fought Iaquinta. Will make for more competitive fights going forward. If Khabib does face Conor and leaves his chin wide open as he did with Iaquinta, then Conor will punish him badly. Khabib has 6 or 7 months to work on his striking, as Conor has the same time frame to work on his ground game with no outside distractions, if he can manage that.

Mcgregor vs Mayweather will be no slugfest , Conor will ease up just a bit to let it last a few rounds. The fight will be hyped like nothing before. If Conor were to beat Khabib, there is a chance of course, then fight Floyd, the PPV buys and promotion could put both fighters in another world of earnings not seen before.

Mcgregor vs GSP is what GSP wants now. Doubtful it will happen as GSP is now too big and old to make the weight cut to 155. If it were to happen, expect a bloodbath.

That leaves Nate Diaz and his trilogy fight against Mcgregor. Nate will rue the day he did not take other fights to make some cash, as Conor may never take that fight again.

I see Conor beating Khabib, he will then fight Floyd for heaps of cash. The LW belt will again be stripped from Conor and at that point he has made his money and reclaimed his title and then retire.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:01 AM

2 posts, read 773 times
why hasn't khabib been punished by the UFC since he slapped Conor's friend and it's the reason why Conor reacted the way he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)