Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you going to watch TUF again?
yes 4 66.67%
no 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,716,704 times

Advertisements

I'm not. I'm sick of it. I wanted to stop 3 seasons ago. I was sick of watching disrespectful punks tearing up the house, I thought Dana would stop that. How unprofessional does that look? This season, he let's Junie stay? I've had it. Especially considering what Monsta' Lobsta' got kicked off for. And the producers letting some guy eat semen? I'm done with that show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 04:36 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,261,029 times
i will watch the next season, but i definitely feel what youre saying. i guess they have to make it an entertaining show for the humanoids, but there are a lot of very legit fighters that come out of that show.

and, yeah, Dana should have kicked off Junie, but instead he gave us all what we wanted to see - Junie getting beat on national television.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:50 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,978,530 times
Regardless of the in-house antics, there were some decent prospects this past season. Efrain, Philipe, Bader, Kristof, Vinne, etc.

I didn't watch the season with Forrest and Quinton, but after this one, I think I'll probably watch the next one.

I know Michael Bisping is coaching the team from the UK and the winner of the Dan Henderson/Rich Franklin fight in January coaches the US team.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:34 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,773,334 times
i watch it for the fights ... while i hate the juvenile antics in the house... and i whole heartedly wish that those idiots would be made to pay for the damage the do to the house ... i find many of them to be 'thugs' ... I agree with Mike that there are some 'decent prospects'.

there is at least a handful of 'good guys' on each show that do not act like idiots.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:41 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,773,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
Especially considering what Monsta' Lobsta' got kicked off for.
who was this?? [there were only a handful that have been kicked off ... and i can't recall who this was.]

and -- I think Dana needs to follow his own rules... if someone breaks them, regardless... they need to go.

When ya look at the crap that Junie pulled .... in the 'real world' he woulda been tosses in jail ... but nope... he got to stick around... now others may recall that - pull some stupid stunk - thinking they too may be 'let off the hook'

I think Junie was an ungrateful punk .... the first go-round.. i did not even see him thank Dana for NOT kicking him off... but then when he WANTED off ... i am glad Dana kept him around so we could all see he wasn't the fighter he 'lipped off' to being ... though i have to admit, in the finally he looked much better... but i still think he's a thug.

and YES, those "body fluid" pranks were just nasty.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:04 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,716,704 times
Montsa' Lobsta' was the guy who got kicked off for saying he'd referree a fight between this guy Marlin and anothr guy who was an ex-marine. Do you remember that show? all three got booted. I forget all their names. They were all drunk, got into it , the marine got his head split open. He tried to arm bar Marlin and got slammed on the concrete. They even apologized to each other and shook hands. But still got kicke off and the dude who drunkingly says I'll ref. the fight got the boot. I thought is was b.s. A guy gets booted for hopping the fence to talk to a girl, but Junie assaults people and stays? From memory, I recall 5 guys getting the boot from Dana and 2 guys asking to leave. Guys pissing on someone' bed, eating semen, trashing the house. Those acts don't even get a TALKING TO. It's stupid. The same show that is credited with really launching MMA, to me is hurting it. At least in my eyes. I'm probably wrong, but I think there is a chance Dana White may damage the UFC and MMA. The show makes the sport look bad and the UFC's heavy handed business practices turn me off. No one likes bullies. The UFC is starting to look like a big bully. UFC contract fighters should unionize, screw Dana and those two billionaire brothers for trying to own the lives of their fighters. Dana's my way or the highway attitude sucks. I hope one day it bites him in the a$$.

Last edited by CA central coast; 12-26-2008 at 04:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)