U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:19 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,053,207 times

Advertisements

both Junk and Mitrionne looked like absolute garbage tonight.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 AM

7,912 posts, read 9,192,474 times
i am completely disappointed in scott junk. behind big country, he was my pick. i had junk and nelson in the finals.

i have to say though, mike got hit with BOMBS after gassing in the 1st round (the thud was as solid as i have heard) and he stayed upright, not even a wobble outside of fatigue. funny thing, big country, while having the biggest gut, has the best cardio of the bunch imo. followed by texas's own shoonover.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:19 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,794,732 times
What was Dana talking about? Those guys looked horrible! I guess he was trying to make it seem like more than it really was? The cardio for these guys all year has been horrible!

Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 PM

24,657 posts, read 37,142,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
both Junk and Mitrionne looked like absolute garbage tonight.

Mitrione was just a big ol' country boy, no skills. He was fairly athletic and tough though........Junk just looked fat and out of shape. He gassed really fast.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:25 PM

24,657 posts, read 37,142,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i am completely disappointed in scott junk. behind big country, he was my pick. i had junk and nelson in the finals.

i have to say though, mike got hit with BOMBS after gassing in the 1st round (the thud was as solid as i have heard) and he stayed upright, not even a wobble outside of fatigue. funny thing, big country, while having the biggest gut, has the best cardio of the bunch imo. followed by texas's own shoonover.
Wonder whether Schoonover would stand a chance vs Rampage?

Old 10-30-2009, 10:12 AM

7,912 posts, read 9,192,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Wonder whether Schoonover would stand a chance vs Rampage?
in time, i would say yes. today, no but get him a few more fights or put him in a better camp then he has and yes he can handle rampage. people over look him because he looks out of shape (like nelson) and because he is kinda that goofy kid down the street everyone picked on type guy (luke cummo anyone?). he is still young (24) and his level of competition isnt the best but he has very good wins, never been to a decision.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:22 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,179,036 times
Default Where's the cardio???

I watch the Ult Fighter Challenge because I respect those guys as soon to be professionals. They are trying to master a sport that demands alot of dedication and perseverance. Last night, those 2 gentlemen who fought were not professionals but more like high school bullies. After 2 mins of fighting it was technically over. Their cardio work was lacking and speaks volumes to the lack of respect and desire to the sport.

Then later, Dana provided alot of empty comments to almost season the fight. His comments were totally off base, looked almost fraudalent. Then Jackson ripped apart a door that looked like it was made of cardboard.

At this point, I started thinking this show is becoming a dog and pony show mirroring that fake Survivor series. I hope that I am wrong but last night seemed pretty fake.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:38 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,514,313 times
That fight was a JOKE, and this season so far has been crap. They really need to getting fighters with better cardio on the show.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:14 AM

2,903 posts, read 6,648,487 times
I am glad to see Schaub win that one-I think that's the first KO we've seen in this season which is pretty lame for a bunch of heavyweights. Also, guys that just wrestle and constantly shoot just p*** me off for some reason so I was glad to see him get caught by the stand-up guy. Of course maybe that's because I can't wrestle worth crap but do have some standup!

Schaub was pretty dirty grabbing the fence multiple time, I admit.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:08 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,053,207 times
they keep on talking about bringing back Kimbo (to replace Mitrionne). honestly though, in terms of past performance and overall ability, i think Demico Rogers would have been the most deserving of a second chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)