Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:24 PM

151 posts, read 525,362 times

Advertisements

June 26 vs. Fabricio Werdum at a Strikeforce show in San Jose according to M-1 Global, Strikeforce come to terms; Emelianenko vs. Werdum set for June 26 | MMAjunkie.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 02:02 AM

81 posts, read 107,884 times
BBBBOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIINNNNGG. Another waste fight for Fedor, it's a joke now.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:32 AM

646 posts, read 801,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolunt View Post
BBBBOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIINNNNGG. Another waste fight for Fedor, it's a joke now.
There is nothing boring about a Fedor fight.He is the most agressive fighter in mma and he finishes everyone.Boring is Gsp and Anderson Silva,s 5 round marathon.As a matter of fact Fedor's last 4 opponens including Werdum are much stiffer test than GSP or Silva's last 4 easily.Fedor = best pound for pound.He fights at his walking around weight unlike the mentioned fighters above and he finishes all

Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 AM

81 posts, read 107,884 times
Fedor fighting guys he shouldn't be fighting is a freaking joke. The best in the world has no business fighting Werdum, Rogers or Overeem.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:40 PM

53 posts, read 141,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolunt View Post
Fedor fighting guys he shouldn't be fighting is a freaking joke. The best in the world has no business fighting Werdum, Rogers or Overeem.
i agree. I am a fedor fan but cmon the UFC HW division is stacked right now.
IMO opinion if you want to be ranked #1 you have to earn it.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:15 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,804,843 times
This fight is crap. Imagine Brock Lesnar fighting someone like Kimbo Slice...yeah its that bad. Fedor will get ZERO credible fights right now outside of the UFC. Josh Barnett is a proven steroid user. Overeem looks the same but it hasn't been proven...regardless he would get rocked. Fedor has already beaten Rogers and I have him as the only other heavyweight with some skill outside the UFC. Glass jaw Arvloski vs Fedor 2 would also be crap.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:21 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,804,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
There is nothing boring about a Fedor fight.He is the most agressive fighter in mma and he finishes everyone.
Bullcrap! Fedor failed to finish Nogueira twice and two UFC heavyweights right now KO'd him. He also couldn't finish Cro Cop. The weakest parts of the UFC heavyweight ranks, right now, are light years beyond Strikeforce's top talent. I would put tons of money on Lesnar, Carwin, or Velasquez very soundly beating Fedor tomorrow.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Bullcrap! Fedor failed to finish Nogueira twice and two UFC heavyweights right now KO'd him. He also couldn't finish Cro Cop. The weakest parts of the UFC heavyweight ranks, right now, are light years beyond Strikeforce's top talent. I would put tons of money on Lesnar, Carwin, or Velasquez very soundly beating Fedor tomorrow.
And you would lose those bets,Carwin,Jds,and Cain are unproven as of yet.Fedor dont ave to beat them they have to beat FedorAgain why is Siva walking around at 225 and fighting chumps at 185.No way he goes through Shogun, Machida,Rampage.Gsp will beat Shields,no way anderson is pound for pound.If Fedor had lost 4 fights in pride as Siva did,everyone would say Fedor sucked,why does Silva get a pass,dont know.But he would get beaten and beaten badly at 205 in the ufc.Big nog was number 1 in the world when he fought fedor,crocop was ranked highly.Noone in mma has done what fedor has done.Would I like to see him in ufc,ofcourse,but Jds,and carwin and cain have nothing for edor,they have to show me alot more than beating Gonzaga,and Werdum and a worn out Nog.Out of 33 fight fedor has finished 26 of them,noone is even close to that.What does Gsp.BJ penn, Dan Henderson,Shogun and Nog have in common,they all say Fedor is pound for pound king,I will take their word for it,they are a little bit more in the know.If Dana signed Fedor he would be saying it also,And Carwin beating Mir was nothing considering Mir has lost to Vera,Ian Freeman and Cruz,Mir is almost as overated as Randy c

Last edited by mary phagan; 05-10-2010 at 10:44 PM..

Old 05-11-2010, 05:35 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,414,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
And you would lose those bets,Carwin,Jds,and Cain are unproven as of yet.Fedor dont ave to beat them they have to beat FedorAgain why is Siva walking around at 225 and fighting chumps at 185.No way he goes through Shogun, Machida,Rampage.Gsp will beat Shields,no way anderson is pound for pound.If Fedor had lost 4 fights in pride as Siva did,everyone would say Fedor sucked,why does Silva get a pass,dont know.But he would get beaten and beaten badly at 205 in the ufc.Big nog was number 1 in the world when he fought fedor,crocop was ranked highly.Noone in mma has done what fedor has done.Would I like to see him in ufc,ofcourse,but Jds,and carwin and cain have nothing for edor,they have to show me alot more than beating Gonzaga,and Werdum and a worn out Nog.Out of 33 fight fedor has finished 26 of them,noone is even close to that.What does Gsp.BJ penn, Dan Henderson,Shogun and Nog have in common,they all say Fedor is pound for pound king,I will take their word for it,they are a little bit more in the know.If Dana signed Fedor he would be saying it also,And Carwin beating Mir was nothing considering Mir has lost to Vera,Ian Freeman and Cruz,Mir is almost as overated as Randy c
keep sipping that kool-aid!

Fedor is the equivalent of a Lame Duck President...just wasting time, padding his record while avoiding top teir HW's.

just answer me this...if Fedor is #1 p4p fighter in the world, why would he be facing the someone who currently ranks #7...in the HW Division??

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/topten.asp?articleid=16&zoneid=15 (broken link)

it's sad really...b/c i love watching Fedor fights, almost as much as I enjoy watching BJ Penn, my favorite all time fighter.

but his legacy is being, and has been watered down by not taking top opponents.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
keep sipping that kool-aid!

Fedor is the equivalent of a Lame Duck President...just wasting time, padding his record while avoiding top teir HW's.

just answer me this...if Fedor is #1 p4p fighter in the world, why would he be facing the someone who currently ranks #7...in the HW Division??

- Heavyweight Rankings - MMA WEEKLY - Mixed Martial Arts & UFC News, Photos, Rankings & more (http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/topten.asp?articleid=16&zoneid=15 - broken link)

it's sad really...b/c i love watching Fedor fights, almost as much as I enjoy watching BJ Penn, my favorite all time fighter.

but his legacy is being, and has been watered down by not taking top opponents.
Ok then,by the same token look at Gsp and Silva's last few fights,Dan Hardy is a joke,and it looks like Kos will be net for Gsp and he is going to decisions with these bums.Silva fighting Irvin,Cote,Leites,Griffin,Maia is hardly testing himself,no way that gets you pound for pound.Fedor fought a highly ranked Sylvia,AA,Brett rogers,and now Werdum.Again that is much stiffer comp.It ain't the cool aid it's the truth,funny how Dana does everything he can to sign him if he is not the real deal.So to say Fedor is not fighting the best,Gsp and Silva damn sure ain't.It is time for both of them to move up and fight there walking aroung wait,but Gsp will get killed at 185 and Silva would lose to shogun and rampage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)