Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 06:54 AM

688 posts, read 1,206,182 times

Advertisements

The EarthFare location at EastChase in Montgomery is rather good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 07:45 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Its like Fresh Market but with more organic options.
If you have WF and FM I suspect you will be extremely disappointed with EF sooner or later.
I certainly have found that in my personal experience. It was a great source of gluten free products at first and one by one they quit carrying the items I was purchasing. (and I was buying all they had each week, sure that others were buying too)

I was assured the manager would call me about special ordering those or even other items gladly. I even had a little back and forth on their facebook. I never heard from anyone even though those arrangements were made in person.

I'm not a fool, I walk in occasionally and browse around but almost never come out with anything. They have great seeds and nuts but FM is better. Their chicken salad is the best I have ever had. Overall WF is the best, but yes, it is not inexpensive. Trader Joe's stands out because of its unusual selections, many from Europe. It is owned by the same German company as ALDI. It is definitely not the calibre of WF and is quirky but good. It is a big source of cheap wine for many people.

I will hope they mature and get their act together buy getting in touch again. Maybe they just have and insane manager.
Bon appetit,
raj

Old 06-05-2013, 05:12 AM

48 posts, read 88,000 times
This is the watered down version of whole foods like you see in the Detroit, New Orleans, Chicago poor communities. It's in direct competition to wal mart, win Dixie and independent grocery chains, not in direct competition with Publix and higher end grocery chains

In other words... It is nothing like a "real" whole foods

Old 06-05-2013, 05:14 AM

48 posts, read 88,000 times
"The chain will launch pilot stores in select cities such as Detroit, New Orleans and on Chicago's South Side in 2013 and 2014 that feature fewer staffers, lower prices, and more frozen and prewrapped food, said Whole Foods co-CEO John Mackey. "For every penny we cut off the price, we reach more people who can afford to shop with us," he said."

Old 06-05-2013, 03:20 PM

The Mobile location will be twice as large as one of the pilot stores.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:33 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
Don't mind hanedogg, even when he trolls he can't get it right

Old 12-28-2013, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 726 times
Does anyone know when whole foods will open? Is it going to be in the Steins building?

Old 12-29-2013, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradelover View Post
Does anyone know when whole foods will open? Is it going to be in the Steins building?
It's slated to open in 2015. Yes, it's going into the old Stein Mart building.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:54 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,861 times
Whole Foods is a great operation. The first one in Birmingham is in an area where about thirty percent of the customers actually do most of their shopping there. For me, it is more like a restaurant. A place to grab a hot meal and pick up a treat or something exotic.

The second Fresh Market opened in the Fall and it is much bigger and nicer than the first. It is getting more of my business than it use to , especially at the Brookwood Village location.

Earth Fare has earned my ire. I am gluten intolerant and they opened with a lot of great products that I started depending on. Within ninety days they started losing those products one by one. When I went in I would buy all of one of those products that they had in stock, so I knew they were selling. On that one particular item the manager even claimed they never carried it.
That was the last visit . I wrote them and tried to understand why they would open a store, perform so poorly and without care.
I now buy the same things at other places for less. (Target)
For people who have no restrictions you would like Earth Fare, they have nice selections of many things, but it is not WF that is for sure. Earth Fare is simply not customer service oriented, and for the prices that is the only way to survive, through service.

I am a seasonal resident on the Eastern Shore and a self-proclaimed Mobile booster. I am actually down throughout the year. Therefore, I am very glad to see the Mobile market picking up steam. I have no doubt that a lot more is coming this way. The Mobile metro region is a great place and can be a magnet for major businesses that want to be centrally located for the whole region and not just one side or the other.

raj

PS, I know my post is a bit repetitious but I did say EF raised my ire didn't I?
As to HANEDOGG, what BS...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area