Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 03:50 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,151,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
MOBILE, Alabama – An unnamed cruise line has requested more specific details about the city and its relationship with Carnival Cruise Lines after officials made a proposal courting the unknown company, Mobile Mayor Sam Jones said on Thursday, Aug. 29.

Jones was speaking to reporters before he and Mayor-Elect Sandy Stimpson had lunch to discuss the transition of power in the wake of Stimpson’s election on Aug. 27. During the campaign, Jones had discussed the city’s attempts to court other cruise lines, such as Royal Caribbean and Norwegian, and on Thursday said one company requested additional information, although he and other officials declined comment on which company that was, or even if it was one of those previously mentioned.

Cruise ship news: Could Mobile be closer to netting another big boat? | al.com

Norwegian maybe ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 12:31 PM

The un named cruise line has plans to conduct a test run,I have high hopes for the city.

Mystery cruise line testing Mobile's waters, studying city's growth potential | al.com

Old 08-30-2013, 02:03 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,183 times
The article mentions Carnival as one of the potential operators, but something else I read said the company asked for information on the city's dealings with Carnival - which would seem to imply it isn't them.

Good for Mobile if they can get them to at least give it a trial run. Maybe the Cruise Terminal will one day actually be paid for!

Old 08-30-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
The article mentions Carnival as one of the potential operators, but something else I read said the company asked for information on the city's dealings with Carnival - which would seem to imply it isn't them.

Good for Mobile if they can get them to at least give it a trial run. Maybe the Cruise Terminal will one day actually be paid for!
Yeah I was thinking Norwegian.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:19 AM

Though we may not get second ceuise line, I'm sure a second or larger Carnival ship is soon to follow with longer cruises and more destinations on the horizon such as the Bahamas, Key West, Costa Rica and the Panama Canal.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index....ileshort_index

Old 05-03-2017, 06:26 PM
MPC

703 posts, read 1,267,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Though we may not get second ceuise line, I'm sure a second or larger Carnival ship is soon to follow with longer cruises and more destinations on the horizon such as the Bahamas, Key West, Costa Rica and the Panama Canal.

Carnival to offer longer cruises, new destinations from Mobile | AL.com
They are going to use the same ship. They will be making less trips to Mexico. You can already book these for next year.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC View Post
They are going to use the same ship. They will be making less trips to Mexico. You can already book these for next year.
As for now they are. An employee that works with the cruise terminal informed me that Carnival is looking at giving us a larger ship. The current ship has been booked over its capacity. She told me that crew members had to stay behind to accommodate the 2800 on a 2600 persons vessel.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:19 PM
MPC

703 posts, read 1,267,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
As for now they are. An employee that works with the cruise terminal informed me that Carnival is looking at giving us a larger ship. The current ship has been booked over its capacity. She told me that crew members had to stay behind to accommodate the 2800 on a 2600 persons vessel.
I've heard that too but what I am saying is from what I heard is that it will only be one ship. The Fantasy is going to leave once the new ship comes in. I could be wrong but that is what I was hearing. Probably will be a Spirit or Conquest class ship

Old 05-05-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC View Post
I've heard that too but what I am saying is from what I heard is that it will only be one ship. The Fantasy is going to leave once the new ship comes in. I could be wrong but that is what I was hearing. Probably will be a Spirit or Conquest class ship
Oh ok gotcha !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
View detailed profiles of: