Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 04:32 PM
MPC MPC started this thread

703 posts, read 1,266,402 times

Advertisements

I just read today that the Bel Air mall was sold today for $135.2 million.
Here is the link

You have to sign up to read the link

Here is a excerpt
Quote:
Finally I’d like to address our continued success from sourcing and closing new acquisitions. This afternoon we announced that we are under contract to acquire Bel Air Mall, a 1.3 million square foot superregional mall located in Mobile, Alabama for $135.2 million. Built in 1967 and renovated in 2006. Bel Air is anchored by Belk, Dillards, Target, J.C. Penney, and Sears and features over 130 stores including such national retailers such as Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, Buckle, Forever21, Francesca’s and Foot Locker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 06:04 PM

688 posts, read 1,205,015 times
This could lead to stronger new-to-the-market retailers, like Cotton On and Coach. Interesting that Bel Air is being sold, while Jones Lang Lasalle has seemingly increased its presence in the area through investments. Many of the major shopping centers and developments along Airport Boulevard are manged by JLL.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:05 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,083,992 times
This is the result of Colonial Properties being sold and leaving the commercial real estate field.
Definitely a positive move for Bel Air and immediate area.

Raj

Old 05-07-2014, 02:43 AM

Im kind of glad Colonial exited the market. Their original developments, like Pelican Place, were bland and lackluster.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:45 AM

5,000 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Dang beat me to it! I hope this will be a positive move,Bel Air is dated but at the same time its very successful.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:24 PM

It'd be cool if Macy's and Apple came to the mall.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:56 PM

This may seem odd, but I see Apple taking over the former Blockbuster Video space at Pinebrook Shopping Center. It's about the size of some of their new, larger stores. Burton Property Group could successfully re-position the Spring Hill adjacent shopping center as a specialty center. A strip of lifestyle retailers between the hypothetical Apple Store and the forthcoming Whole Foods Market could actually be feasible.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bon_regis View Post
This may seem odd, but I see Apple taking over the former Blockbuster Video space at Pinebrook Shopping Center. It's about the size of some of their new, larger stores. Burton Property Group could successfully re-position the Spring Hill adjacent shopping center as a specialty center. A strip of lifestyle retailers between the hypothetical Apple Store and the forthcoming Whole Foods Market could actually be feasible.
I don't think we would ever see a Apple store in a shopping center. It'd have to be a mall or stand-alone building. Also, an Apple store right next to a supermarket? Doesn't make since to me but that's my opinion. Only way I see it not coming to the mall is because Apple wants them near Colleges & Universities.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:26 PM

Bel Air is a healthy mall and is definitely more stable than Eastern Shore Centre, but it currently lacks the space for an Apple store. I can see it going into the old Books-A-Million location, but then you would have a destination store not to far from a dumpy Sears.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:57 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,308,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bon_regis View Post
Bel Air is a healthy mall and is definitely more stable than Eastern Shore Centre, but it currently lacks the space for an Apple store. I can see it going into the old Books-A-Million location, but then you would have a destination store not to far from a dumpy Sears.
I agree with it taking the old BAM location.

Bel-Air needs get a another story added as Mobile grows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area