Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 09:38 AM

446 posts, read 677,907 times

Advertisements

Savannah and Mobile are completely different but the same in some aspects. There was also some talk about another mall or outlet mall in Savannah area. It maybe a new tenant in talks for the GAP spot which may try to open by spring or summer time hopefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 11:02 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,842,054 times
The Gap in Columbus left the indoor mall to become an outlet store at the strip mall.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post

Don't speak too soon, retail economics in this country are riding a rusty rollercoaster, and small towns like Savannah are often the first to be hurt. (especially when much of their business is from tourism, so good luck with the attitude)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post

For some reason that guy/girl thinks Savannah is more than what it is.And I blame City Data for that.This thread has nothing to do with Savannah but I get it do I really do .
I didnt really see a hint of an attitude in his/her post, only pointing out a fact and saying they were lucky.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:31 PM
MPC

703 posts, read 1,266,402 times
I have to agree with dsjj251. I read the post and didn't get any bad vibe or attitude from it.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:56 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
I think Newsboy was just making an observation, he seems to be a pretty cool guy.

Savannah really does have an impressive array of Downtown retail. There are quite a few stores that many larger cities only have in malls.

It's because of SCAD and tourism.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:02 AM

446 posts, read 677,907 times
Don't forget Savannah didn't industrialize they downtown especially around the water areas like Mobile did

Old 12-30-2014, 02:58 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I didnt really see a hint of an attitude in his/her post, only pointing out a fact and saying they were lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPortCity View Post
I have to agree with dsjj251. I read the post and didn't get any bad vibe or attitude from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I think Newsboy was just making an observation, he seems to be a pretty cool guy.

Savannah really does have an impressive array of Downtown retail. There are quite a few stores that many larger cities only have in malls.

It's because of SCAD and tourism.
Thanks guys.

Last edited by Newsboy; 12-30-2014 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-02-2015, 02:24 AM

265 posts, read 428,413 times
Wow, this sure made for a heated discussion!!! I agree with Mr. Port City, that The Gap, the bland mid-range line has been struggling and has lost its appeal due to store like American Eagle Outfitters, Buckle, Aeropostale, etc., where is Banana Republic, as is with J.crew and such, has the upscale dressy modern appeal and hype, in which it is struggling in markets that have an excess of BR stores, but with Mobile, the can have one and it can provide for the Pensacola market and Mobile. Having said that, it should be a part of a number of serious changes that would make Bel Air a destination for Pensacola, to ensure constant steady traffic from there. If Tallahassee and Montgomery (both of which are smaller Metro/CSA populations than Mobile, i.e., smaller markets) have one Banana Republic and one Ann Taylor each, then so can Mobile/Spanish Fort/Daphne.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:37 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
I don't think people in Pensacola will come to Mobile to shop at a Banana Republic. The only thing that brings them to Mobile is something like Bayfest.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:00 PM

265 posts, read 428,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I don't think people in Pensacola will come to Mobile to shop at a Banana Republic. The only thing that brings them to Mobile is something like Bayfest.
Which is why I said that it should be "a part of a number of serious changes with the mall" and to my knowledge, some people from Pensacola do make the drive for Forever 21 which they do not have there. And forget Pensacola, there are plenty of people in Mobile and across the Bay (Spanish Fort/Daphne/Fairhope) that would get the incentive to go to Bel Air mall for such a store(s). And as I said, one store surely is not a big deal, but the addition of number of retailers and restaurants and and the upping of security and remodeling of the mall would do well to the reputation, traffic, and business of Bel Air mall. BR, Pf Chang's, and even Apple, and such nicer stores need to be sought relentlessly, and that's that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area