Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 03:40 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times

Advertisements

A patio home is different than a single family home. More like a duplex but they normally all look alike. I too would recommend Springhill. Love the area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 02:55 PM

6 posts, read 6,940 times
My husband looked at Cypress Cove and really liked it. Its in Second Creek. Anyone has an opinion about that area or that apartment unit?

Old 08-15-2015, 04:41 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priya_b View Post
My husband looked at Cypress Cove and really liked it. Its in Second Creek. Anyone has an opinion about that area or that apartment unit?
Those are nice and they are in a nice area as well.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:17 PM

6 posts, read 6,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Those are nice and they are in a nice area as well.
awesome! that is very reassuring to hear

Old 08-15-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
awesome! that is very reassuring to hear

Welcome to Mobile !

Old 08-15-2015, 08:12 PM

80 posts, read 400,029 times
Quote:
I live near there and I think it's a good area. It's close to stores like Target, WalMart and Home Depot. Also the movie theater is near and it has easy access to the airport. But the best thing is that it's just down the road from Mediterranean Sandwich Company which I think is one of the best restaurants in town.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:21 AM

6 posts, read 6,801 times
I also recommend the Spring Hill area. It's a nice area and "somewhat" diverse. If you are new to the deep south, please be very careful and aware of your surroundings -- especially as a mixed-race family. Our family is also mixed-race (we have lived in this part of the deep south for nearly 15 years), and sadly, people in this area are quite narrow-minded when it comes to issues of ethnicity and race. If you find that you are having problems finding suitable housing, or if you feel real estate "professionals" may be steering you to a particular area, please be sure to notify the local equal housing authority.

Old 10-30-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Educated Yankee View Post
I also recommend the Spring Hill area. It's a nice area and "somewhat" diverse.

OHHHH caught you on your lie on this one !!! Though I have narrowed down a good bit of your statement but this sentence here is the highlight of your lies. In your original paragraph YOU COMPLAINED HOW THE people in this area are towards mix race couples and you recommend that a mix race couple would feel more comfortable in the "Springhill" area because it is somewhat divers ( in other words you are saying this is the most diverse community in Mobile) ?! Wow that community is one of the least diverse in the city Mr/Ms. EDUCATED yankee. A mix race couple would feel comfortable in any community in Mobile. No one cares if you are gay or dating someone of another ethnicity here.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:34 PM

508 posts, read 615,653 times
Sounds like someone lost their job recently.....never seen anyone on these forums so butt hurt in my life.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:21 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,335,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Educated Yankee View Post
I also recommend the Spring Hill area. It's a nice area and "somewhat" diverse. If you are new to the deep south, please be very careful and aware of your surroundings -- especially as a mixed-race family. Our family is also mixed-race (we have lived in this part of the deep south for nearly 15 years), and sadly, people in this area are quite narrow-minded when it comes to issues of ethnicity and race. If you find that you are having problems finding suitable housing, or if you feel real estate "professionals" may be steering you to a particular area, please be sure to notify the local equal housing authority.

Just wondering, were you from the 'deep north'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area