Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 04:43 PM

1,498 posts, read 1,855,302 times

Advertisements

Southern National (360 Dauphin St.) restaurant plans:
Online Plan Room | LDI Line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 07:17 AM

426 posts, read 382,054 times
Chuck's Fish is open...and its goood

Old 01-09-2017, 10:15 AM

310 posts, read 386,835 times
I see where the Moon Pie stored opened also!

https://www.facebook.com/MobileMoonPieStore/

Old 01-12-2017, 08:54 AM

8 posts, read 10,083 times
I know this isn't "downtown" news exactly but this thread seems to have the most in-the-know folks. Does anyone know anything about the actual status of the 3 Mile Creek Greenway or a contact who could give me details? I keep reading news about it but there never seems to be any real progress. For example, al.com reported in Dec 2016 that the city will get (future tense) a +$386,500 grant for the trail. But this looks like the same grant that the city reported it had received (past tense) - $386,525 - for the trail in April 2015. Is there any real progress of firm timeline on this trail? Thanks!

Old 01-12-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenefrommidtown View Post
I know this isn't "downtown" news exactly but this thread seems to have the most in-the-know folks. Does anyone know anything about the actual status of the 3 Mile Creek Greenway or a contact who could give me details? I keep reading news about it but there never seems to be any real progress. For example, al.com reported in Dec 2016 that the city will get (future tense) a +$386,500 grant for the trail. But this looks like the same grant that the city reported it had received (past tense) - $386,525 - for the trail in April 2015. Is there any real progress of firm timeline on this trail? Thanks!
There was just an update on Tuesday of this week:
Mobile to create Three Mile Creek Greenway Trail Management Plan | WPMI

The City Council will vote next week on a PSA with Moffatt and Nichol for a management plan. This will kick off the planning and initialization stage with permitting and/or construction soon to follow.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 PM

489 posts, read 463,276 times
Do they have an expected opening date for Southern National yet?

Old 01-17-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
Do they have an expected opening date for Southern National yet?
I think I saw that it won't be until March or April, especially considering they aren't too close to the end of their build-out.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:56 AM

310 posts, read 386,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
Chuck's Fish is open...and its goood
My family and I ate there Saturday for dinner. We sat on the second floor and there was a nice view with an outdoor patio. The sushi was good with a lot of variety. My wife got the stuffed shrimp entrée and I had a hamburger. The potatoes they served with it were called "Crack Fries in a Bag". It was a little on the pricey side, and I didn't see any other customers except a couple at the sushi bar. I enjoyed it, but coming from West Mobile, I don't see myself making the trip all the way downtown again anytime soon. If I worked in that area, I would probably visit it for lunch more frequently.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:27 AM

426 posts, read 382,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepress View Post
My family and I ate there Saturday for dinner. We sat on the second floor and there was a nice view with an outdoor patio. The sushi was good with a lot of variety. My wife got the stuffed shrimp entrée and I had a hamburger. The potatoes they served with it were called "Crack Fries in a Bag". It was a little on the pricey side, and I didn't see any other customers except a couple at the sushi bar. I enjoyed it, but coming from West Mobile, I don't see myself making the trip all the way downtown again anytime soon. If I worked in that area, I would probably visit it for lunch more frequently.
It's been packed most nights. I felt the sushi prices were very reasonable, especially for how fresh the fish is. The tuna nigiri was the best I've ever had. I live in midtown so the drive isn't bad, but if I still lived in west Mobile I would make the drive if I wanted a nicer setting and something different other than your standard "sushi bar" in mobile.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:39 AM

4,995 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Hopefully they will expand the menu.I noticed that the Bham and T-town location s offer a few more items on the menu. Mobile has a lot of great seafood restaurants downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area