Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 02:19 PM

265 posts, read 428,306 times

Advertisements

We need a french restaurant like this La Provence Restaurant - 71 Photos - French - Lacombe, LA - Reviews - Menu - Yelp anywhere in Mobile, downtown, midtown or west Mobile, I love the french country house design and furnishing!!!! I have high hopes for hopes for Bistro Escoffier, but I hope he expands square footage and food selection, and strays away from watering down the menu. He needs to make desserts like opera cake, ciolis dessert, custard fruit tarts and frangiapane/almond cream based tarts, and exotic mousse cakes, and not a fancy apple pie/tart or a flourless chocolate cake which are common desserts for typical american upscale restaurants. Some great chefs tone down authenticity to ensure business which I understand, but I think Mobile can at least have one authentic all the way European restaurant. I will definitively give it a try though and it seems to be really good, but there is room for progress from I saw in the menu, and with the growing French and German population due to Airbus, I hope he will put forward all his talents!!! Maybe since I last saw the menu he added a few special things. For a fast cafe bakery that sits like a full service restuarant, this chain would be super nice La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe - French - Mandeville, LA - Reviews - Photos - Yelp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 06:40 AM

4,995 posts, read 9,141,028 times
A chain French restaurant would be nice I see that the menu has a few more options but most chains do.I think they would fit well in the Legacy Village or some where downtown.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:46 AM

The 19th Century Egyptian Revival Masonic Lodge on St.Francis downtown will be converted into apartment units. The lot across from the building will be covered parking for the building. I could have never imagined this building being turned into a residential unit but it will be one of the coolest apartment buildings on the Gulf.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:06 PM

1,498 posts, read 1,854,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
The 19th Century Egyptian Revival Masonic Lodge on St.Francis downtown will be converted into apartment units. The lot across from the building will be covered parking for the building. I could have never imagined this building being turned into a residential unit but it will be one of the coolest apartment buildings on the Gulf.
It is not going to be the Temple. The development will be at the corner of St Francis and Warren Sts; about 5 blocks away.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
It is not going to be the Temple. The development will be at the corner of St Francis and Warren Sts; about 5 blocks away.
Oh wow bad journolism on Al.com's part then smh.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
They were't very clear which masonic temple they were speaking about. Both buildings are masonic

Old 08-18-2015, 06:39 PM

275 posts, read 535,721 times
Quote:
It will get worse, as there has just been another round of layoffs, with keeping their mouths shut a condition of the severance packages for those let go. They want to centralize things even more in Birmingham, which means less homegrown Mobile coverage, and a relentless march towards self-destruction.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:25 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,335,520 times
Well, the mistakes in Birmingham are as plentiful and incorrect. They can't even get the north side from the south side.
The 'facts' are appalling and the 'grammar' worse. No editing whatsoever.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:18 PM

489 posts, read 463,117 times
I maybe read two or three articles a week now. I used to read at least 7 a day.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:33 PM

Mardi Gras Park and Pavilion Plans:
:: Mobile Mardi Gras Pavilion & Park LDI-Line: Construction Project Leads, Plans, Information and Printing::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area