Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2019, 02:48 PM

5,003 posts, read 9,154,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepress View Post
It looks like almost all the new bars/restaurants are downtown which is disappointing. I'm close to West Mobile so I tend to stay around that area. I hate to have to contend with all the traffic from Schillinger to downtown, and once you get there, parking is such a cluster! It reminds me on New Orleans. For that reason, I tend to just stay away!
I see your point in that ! For about 2 decades west Mobile was the hotspot for restaurants and entertainment.And the Midtown residents had to travel now things have changed.

I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 06:12 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,858,645 times
This is the downtown thread so these listed new places are all downtown. Obviously there are other new restaurants elsewhere in the city.

Old 10-28-2019, 07:04 AM

53 posts, read 71,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepress View Post
It looks like almost all the new bars/restaurants are downtown which is disappointing. I'm close to West Mobile so I tend to stay around that area. I hate to have to contend with all the traffic from Schillinger to downtown, and once you get there, parking is such a cluster! It reminds me on New Orleans. For that reason, I tend to just stay away!
As with any city, new bars/restaurants are going to locate in the downtown area, as that is typically the entertainment hub. Guess being too far away from that is one of the downsides of living in the suburbs.

I'm sure there are plenty of strip mall restaurants and fast food in West Mobile to keep you busy.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:37 AM

490 posts, read 464,186 times
Lets all be nice. Everyone wants good restaurants in their neighborhood.

Old 11-02-2019, 05:31 AM

139 posts, read 214,653 times
Does anyone know what's going on in Fort Conde? I was down there the other day and it looks like they are renovating the buildings by the Fort Conde B and B.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by port25 View Post
Does anyone know what's going on in Fort Conde? I was down there the other day and it looks like they are renovating the buildings by the Fort Conde B and B.
The last 2 buildings are bring renovated.They will be additions to B&B.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:11 AM

139 posts, read 214,653 times
That will be a great addition to that area. Look forward to the progress, hopefully another resturant will fill the old Rousos building.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:02 AM

426 posts, read 382,707 times
Quote:
That will be a great addition to that area. Look forward to the progress, hopefully another resturant will fill the old Rousos building.
That would be great. Serdas Brewery was originally slated to go in there, but never did.

Old 11-05-2019, 07:51 AM

28 posts, read 33,310 times
Quote:
Image Hotels owns the property. They purchased it around 2015 and intended on building hotel on the site. I hope they still plan to do it. Here is a rendering.
Downtown Mobile Updates-fort-conde-hotel.jpg
ALDOT has plans to remove the Water Street on-ramp/exit-ramp that separates Fort Conde Village from the waterfront. That was going to be a part of the Mobile River Bridge project. I'm not sure where it stands now as individual project. From what I've been told, Image Hotels wanted to avoid a "Florida Street" situation with constant construction outside its doors so they have sat on it until constructions clears. Now that the Bridge project is tentatively dead maybe they will begin building it.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. S Willoughby View Post
Image Hotels owns the property. They purchased it around 2015 and intended on building hotel on the site. I hope they still plan to do it. Here is a rendering.
Attachment 215912
ALDOT has plans to remove the Water Street on-ramp/exit-ramp that separates Fort Conde Village from the waterfront. That was going to be a part of the Mobile River Bridge project. I'm not sure where it stands now as individual project. From what I've been told, Image Hotels wanted to avoid a "Florida Street" situation with constant construction outside its doors so they have sat on it until constructions clears. Now that the Bridge project is tentatively dead maybe they will begin building it.

I like the rendering but a slimer more taller design would be nice also. Something a little over 300 feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area