Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 04:37 PM

5,001 posts, read 9,147,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunray8 View Post
My wife and I are visiting friends in Daphne, AL and we like all the green trees and grass. We live in San Diego, CA and have been thinking about moving here. I am concerned about the summer weather in this area. I do notice that the humidity is way above the US average. What do the locals think about the weather in the Daphne area? Does it get real cold in the winter? How long does the hot humid summers last. Does it cool down at night in the summer?
It normally does not get cold but this year has been an excpetion.Generally the average winter temps are around 60. Hot humid summers last into October. It cools down at night but not as drastic as it does out west. Night time temps can easily be in the high 80's and with high humid levels night time temps can feel like the mid 90's. Over all we(natives ) know that it's humid but we don't give it a thought until someone point it out to us lol. I dated a girl back in 2009 from Santa Clarita I took her downtown to Bucks when she got off the plane and the first thing she said to me was that it felt like she was breathing in water. And I knew it was humid and hot but when she mentioned it I noticed it more if that make sense.There are so many out door music festivals and food festivals down here during the summer, heat and humidity never stop the show.I guess we've adapted to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 05:53 PM

7 posts, read 19,282 times
Hello Portcity, thanks for the information. I was raised in a town about 110 miles south of Saint Louis so I have experienced hot summers. We really do like all the green trees in Daphne and house prices are low along with the taxes. I did ask our friend about the summers here but she moves to Portland for the summer. Makes a person think about what they are doing.

Last edited by toosie; 04-21-2018 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: TOS - deleted signature

Old 04-23-2018, 02:10 PM

10 posts, read 9,802 times
The summer humidity gets pretty brutal starting around June, then starts to back off in September. There's no sugar coating it.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:01 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthAL Dad View Post
The summer humidity gets pretty brutal starting around June, then starts to back off in September. There's no sugar coating it.
Exactly. Expect to stay inside most of the summer, simply walking to the mailbox will make you sweaty.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:36 PM

41 posts, read 61,050 times
Default weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunray8 View Post
My wife and I are visiting friends in Daphne, AL and we like all the green trees and grass. We live in San Diego, CA and have been thinking about moving here. I am concerned about the summer weather in this area. I do notice that the humidity is way above the US average. What do the locals think about the weather in the Daphne area? Does it get real cold in the winter? How long does the hot humid summers last. Does it cool down at night in the summer?
The low temperature is usually near the dew point here in the summer, which is typically low to mid 70's from June through September. In summer if it drops to 70 or high 60's at night that's about as good as it gets. To me that makes for pleasant early mornings. Winter weather is quite variable. It was cold for us in January, but Mardi Gras Day (Feb 13th) it got to about 70 and has been nice ever since. One difference between here and say Central Florida is that winters are usually wet here. Not rain all the time, but periodic cold fronts bringing rain, sometimes heavy. JMO but you should visit in the summer to decide what you think of the sweaty season. Personally I deal better with humidity than frigid weather, so this climate is acceptable to me. I doubt the weather will be as nice overall as San Diego, but the COL is much better.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,146 times
Default so how was the move from San Diego Diego AL...curious

sunray8, wondering if you moved? I'm on SD and we're thinking of moving to that area to. we've lived in south florida in the past so familiar with the humidity. but do you like living there overall? thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area