Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-19-2020, 01:08 AM
 
Location: East Mobile
688 posts, read 1,206,182 times
Reputation: 345

Advertisements

Mirko Pasta is exiting Legacy Village. A new location will be closer to Downtown.

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/mirko...virus-pandemic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-25-2020, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Midwest mobile
313 posts, read 249,154 times
Reputation: 127
Not sure if I can use a snapshot of google earth. The map is outdated but it will service it’s purpose for this post. Anyway pretty much the bottom portion of the land indicated is cleared. but for now the FSE is the only building going up. Its going to be interesting to see what else is planned there.
Attached Thumbnails
Midtown Developments-89d5be17-2ab8-4a3f-b654-1f974f89942d.jpeg   Midtown Developments-419b98b6-b26c-4b96-8e4f-1682992a4f5f.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2020, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Mobile,Al(the city by the bay)
5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Reputation: 1959
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
Not sure if I can use a snapshot of google earth. The map is outdated but it will service it’s purpose for this post. Anyway pretty much the bottom portion of the land indicated is cleared. but for now the FSE is the only building going up. Its going to be interesting to see what else is planned there.
Yes that's a lot if land for that 1 building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2020, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Midwest mobile
313 posts, read 249,154 times
Reputation: 127
I can see them trying to expand somehow especially with uab and infirmary hospitals partnering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2020, 03:15 PM
 
17 posts, read 15,675 times
Reputation: 38
They are opening at 2056 Government Blvd, where Regina’s Kitchen was located.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2020, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Mobile, AL
490 posts, read 464,486 times
Reputation: 213
1) I think that land has a creek running through it too. So that may be why some of the land isn't being used.

2) Mirko was alright. I think their new location isn't the best spot. Going from a high end shopping center at the intersection of Dauphin and 65 to an out parcel of the Goodwill store on a less traveled area of Government with a general lower household income. If they wanted to be in Midtown/Downtown there are better locations than the Government Street side of the Loop. I think it will be hard for them to make it and would not be surprised if they close within a year. I am wishing them the best though. I could be wrong and have been in the past.....but the area is defiantly inferior to the Springhill location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 10:41 AM
 
1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
Reputation: 701
Regina's Kitchen operated in that spot on Govt at the Loop for years and only left because the landlord increased their rent. They didn't even open for dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Mobile, AL
490 posts, read 464,486 times
Reputation: 213
Yes, I know. I ate a Regina's kitchen for years and loved it. Is the spot great for a mom and pop site that only serves lunch?....sure. A very different atmosphere. I just think there are way more profitable locations than that spot for a chain franchise. It also depends on the cost of rent and renovations. They could do great. I just don't think volume will be in their favor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 03:55 PM
 
1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
Reputation: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
Yes, I know. I ate a Regina's kitchen for years and loved it. Is the spot great for a mom and pop site that only serves lunch?....sure. A very different atmosphere. I just think there are way more profitable locations than that spot for a chain franchise. It also depends on the cost of rent and renovations. They could do great. I just don't think volume will be in their favor.
The economics skew more lower-middle class for sure, in comparison with Spring Hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Mobile,Al(the city by the bay)
5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Reputation: 1959
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
1) I think that land has a creek running through it too. So that may be why some of the land isn't being used.

2) Mirko was alright. I think their new location isn't the best spot. Going from a high end shopping center at the intersection of Dauphin and 65 to an out parcel of the Goodwill store on a less traveled area of Government with a general lower household income. If they wanted to be in Midtown/Downtown there are better locations than the Government Street side of the Loop. I think it will be hard for them to make it and would not be surprised if they close within a year. I am wishing them the best though. I could be wrong and have been in the past.....but the area is defiantly inferior to the Springhill location.
MvGowin Park or the Hurricane Wing location on Airport would have been better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top