Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 09:16 PM

10 posts, read 12,800 times

Advertisements

I may be moving from St. Louis to Mobile for work and I'm looking at apartment complexes. Two in particular that I am looking at are "Arlington Park" and "Charleston."

I want to keep the maximum rent about $900 though if there are rent specials I could raise that a bit. I chose these two complexes because they have an additional "study" room.

Any opinions? Ideas? Other options? Commuting isn't really an issue since I'll only have to go to an office once a week though I do want to stay in an urban area of Mobile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 11:23 PM

562 posts, read 657,116 times
Charleston is right on the western edge of Mobile (right inside the city limits) off Sollie Road. Arlington Park is just right up the road on Cody & Grelot (Sollie Rd. becomes Cody Rd. north of Cottage Hill Road)

I have past experience with Charleston Apartments and it's been a great place to live. Rent for a 2 bedroom for me was between 950 and 970, so it may be less if you're only in need of a 1 bedroom, and I believe they can work with you on the rent via move-in specials. I got my first month free the first year and then a 150 dollar credit the second year. Plus, it's a little more secluded than Arlington Park which is right near the intersection, while Charleston is set further away from the road in a less urban setting.

Arlington is a little closer to Airport Blvd. and the shopping areas of town.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:50 AM

44 posts, read 60,049 times
Although those are technically within city limits they would be considered a Suburban not Urban. If by "Urban" you mean walkable or bikable to a number of shops restaurants and other amenities then you would want to look downtown or in nearby areas.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:48 AM

I looked at a few buildings downtown ( I live in a high rise in St. Louis and initially wanted something similar) but I couldn't really find anything with the square footage and layout I wanted.

Thanks for the comparison between Charleston and Arlington Park. That was useful.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:15 PM

4,984 posts, read 9,052,517 times
Have you looked into the Marine Street Lofts ?

Old 02-07-2017, 07:41 PM

Thanks. I put that on my list to tour. I'm not a super big fan of the loft style apartments but I definitely like the view and the controlled access building.

I'm also looking at Pine Bend & The Hamptons. The price is really good. 750-800 for a two bedroom town home.

Any idea of the what the neighborhood is like? It seems ok and it would be in walking/biking distance to restaurants/shops.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:51 AM

Pinebind & The Hamptons are really nice. Especilly their townhomes the Hamptons. FYI,Pinebind are the apartment version of the property and the Hamptons are their townhomes. Either version would be nice but I just prefer the Hamptons.

From a city that celebrates Mardi Gras to the city that started it in America.Welcome to Mobile !

Old 02-08-2017, 08:04 PM

Thanks for that information! Are the townhouse scattered throughout the apartments or are they in their own section? For instance, looking at the map there appears to be two rectangular areas of buildings when you first enter and then buildings that are laid out a bit differently once you past the first two sections.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:09 PM

The townhouse section of the property are indeed seperate.So the section with the different layout is more than likely townhouses.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:03 PM

I got the job! I'll be down there the week after next to look at apartments. Thanks for all your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
View detailed profiles of: