Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 05:19 PM

22 posts, read 77,595 times

Advertisements

I realize the answer to this is going to be "it depends," but I'm looking for some ideas and maybe some different agents to contact.

My wife and I are in the early stages of shopping for a house in Mobile...A couple of homes we have looked at have been in the 3000sqft range, and the mortgage would be around 210k or so...but so far, we got one quote through Farmers/AIUA and it's insane...like $4000/yr! Is that what's to be expected there, or is Farmer's just crazy high?

I from coastal Louisiana and own over here -- our homeowner's is fairly high, but that is astronomical! I would expect to pay around $2200 for an equivalent place here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 11:26 AM

426 posts, read 382,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeleon View Post
I realize the answer to this is going to be "it depends," but I'm looking for some ideas and maybe some different agents to contact.

My wife and I are in the early stages of shopping for a house in Mobile...A couple of homes we have looked at have been in the 3000sqft range, and the mortgage would be around 210k or so...but so far, we got one quote through Farmers/AIUA and it's insane...like $4000/yr! Is that what's to be expected there, or is Farmer's just crazy high?

I from coastal Louisiana and own over here -- our homeowner's is fairly high, but that is astronomical! I would expect to pay around $2200 for an equivalent place here.
Im with Statefarm and I believe mine is around 1700 a year. Is the house in a flood zone? That's the only reason I can think of it being that high

Old 11-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
Im with Statefarm and I believe mine is around 1700 a year. Is the house in a flood zone? That's the only reason I can think of it being that high
I got a couple of other quotes and they were actually MUCH more in line with what I expected (1900 - 2200).

That first quote was apparently because the agent was going through the AIUA for wind+hail which was unnecessary for this particular property.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:19 AM

426 posts, read 382,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeleon View Post
I got a couple of other quotes and they were actually MUCH more in line with what I expected (1900 - 2200).

That first quote was apparently because the agent was going through the AIUA for wind+hail which was unnecessary for this particular property.
Yea, when I was looking at another house in a different area they qouted me 4000 a year for flood insurance due to my location. After I pulled my offer on the house and raised concerns with the insurance company they let me know the company they sub out to for certain qoutes made a mistake. So they aren't always 100% ha

Old 11-08-2017, 08:59 PM

17 posts, read 15,670 times
Are you referring to just a home owners policy, or wind and hail too? Our home owners with USAA is about $1000, the wind and hail with Lloyd’s of London is $2400. We are not in a flood zone, and our house in 3000 sf. Josh Newell of Coastal insurance Solutions was very helpful.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawz33 View Post
Are you referring to just a homeowners policy, or wind and hail too? Our homeowners with USAA is about $1000, the wind and hail with Lloyd’s of London is $2400. We are not in a flood zone and our house in 3000 sf. Josh Newell of Coastal insurance Solutions was very helpful.
No...I was referring to a policy + wind/hail.

I've gotten quite a few quotes at this point ranging from $1937 w/ a 5% w/h deductible all the way to $4000 which is policy + $3000 AIUA wind and hail coverage and everything in-between. Some of them are from kind of new-ish insurance companies like Swyyft and QBE, and some of them are through major carriers that charge an arm and a leg. Lots of choices and risk-weighing, haha.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:22 PM

10 posts, read 9,819 times
It wouldn't hurt to reach out to Bradley Flowers. He's a local Alfa agent, but he writes for other companies as well. That is, if you are still looking around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area