Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 568 times

Advertisements

Would love to see the hank turned into an amphitheatre for concerts. Maybe mobile could actually get some top tier acts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 08:02 PM

2,994 posts, read 3,574,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auturfguy View Post
Would love to see the hank turned into an amphitheatre for concerts. Maybe mobile could actually get some top tier acts
One of the things that Huntsville is trying to figure out what to do with Joe Davis. Originally it was going to be demolished but the amphitheater seems like a possibility and similar could work in Mobile.
Is Mobile secretly glad to get rid of the Bay Bears? Now your focus can be on a downtown park and the team
wont really be missed. You get a new team in a new downtown park possibly.

Old 07-20-2021, 11:31 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,215,943 times
Well it seems that Hank Arron has actually been doing well, If I heard the city council meeting correctly. Hank Arron has actually increased in audience with the various events that have happened at the stadium almost becoming self sufficient, there's even talks of some teams from college baseball playing parts of their tournaments at Hank Arron

Last edited by Surge0001; 07-20-2021 at 11:43 AM..

Old 07-20-2021, 01:19 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC View Post
That's exactly what it is. The developers got the city to cough up 46 million for their development basically. The article stated 350,000 per year in attendance. Lol, they think they are going to average 5,000 per game. Jacksonville barely reaches 5,000 per game, while Birmingham with a downtown park reaches almost 6,000. The stadium is going to have 7,000 seats; they must be planning a lot of concerts. This isn't a knock on Huntsville or Madison, it's just the state of baseball today. I don't see how that ever pays itself off.

With all the money the city council is getting to fix their districts, Mobile should take some and build a downtown park. I don't believe we would average 5-6,000 per game but maybe at least 3,200 to 4,200.
Madison has averaged pretty good attendance so far (I've heard over 6,000), but of course, that will drop once the "new" wears off. Covid just about killed minor league baseball in general, something that wasn't dreamed of when you posted this. All in all, it's working out about as well as it could have given the challenges. I wasn't crazy about Madison footing the bill for the stadium, but they did, so only time will tell if it works out. It's not downtown, but really it's in a better location just about in the center of the Huntsville/Decatur/Athens/Madison area, which has over 600,000 residents.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:23 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge0001 View Post
Well it seems that Hank Arron has actually been doing well, If I heard the city council meeting correctly. Hank Arron has actually increased in audience with the various events that have happened at the stadium almost becoming self sufficient, there's even talks of some teams from college baseball playing parts of their tournaments at Hank Arron
That would be cool. Mississippi State plays a game or series in both the minor league parks in Mississippi, in Biloxi and near Jackson. The games are always sellouts from what I've heard. Not sure if Ole Miss does the same or not. If The Hank can get a conference tournament that would be even better. For that matter, the SEC tournament will probably move away from Hoover at some point in the future (but I don't think any of the existing minor league stadiums in the state are large enough for that).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area