Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 08:11 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,143,305 times

Advertisements

Mobile is pretty safe there are plenty of beautiful and safe neighborhoods downtown and midtown.Crime is by association 95% of the time.You will be ok and Mobile isn't really a religious city for real no one really cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
We plan to make a trip back but we didn't get much outside of downtown Mobile but I have a lot of hopes for your city! We did the Bienville food tour and their enthusiasm was contagious. And Dauphins for cocktails with that amazing view. For all the places that are boarded up, I feel an energy there. Like the whole city is on the cusp of blossoming into something really great. I wanted to be a part of that. I have so many pictures! I was thinking I wish I could post them here for you all but I guess you love there so you already know
The city really is on the cusp of blossoming ! The energy and vibe of downtown and midtown is just different from the other parts of the city.Always has been.

Old 03-28-2021, 07:07 AM

1,498 posts, read 1,855,302 times
It’s no surprise someone from Baldwin County says Mobile is “full” of crime (insinuating it is 100% prevalent.) Maybe it’s a product of only watching the news and not traveling across the bay or maybe it’s just bias. Either way, there are good and bad areas (like all larger cities) and Mobile’s bad areas are easily avoidable.

I would suggest starting your search in downtown or midtown Mobile.

Old 03-28-2021, 08:35 AM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
You'll find a lot of people in the area that don't go to church, and aren't religious, but by golly don't call them an ATHIEST! There is just something about that word that makes people in these parts feel dirty and shameful.

I just say I'm agnostic (which is true). It seems it doesn't shock people as much as the other 'A-word'.
Haha fair enough. I don't go around parading my atheism or evangelizing it. Colorado is pretty secular so it rarely comes up but if it does, I just say I was raised Christian but now I don't go to church. The conversation usually stops there. As long as someone respect that and doesn't start preaching to me or convincing me to go, we are good. Live and let live I say!

Old 03-28-2021, 08:41 AM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
It’s no surprise someone from Baldwin County says Mobile is “full” of crime (insinuating it is 100% prevalent.) Maybe it’s a product of only watching the news and not traveling across the bay or maybe it’s just bias. Either way, there are good and bad areas (like all larger cities) and Mobile’s bad areas are easily avoidable.

I would suggest starting your search in downtown or midtown Mobile.
That's the area I was looking at, thanks! And l, not trying to speak badly of my mom but she is truly the kind of person who sees one homeless person and doesn't want to get out of the car somewhere, so I take her opinion with a grain of salt.

Old 03-28-2021, 08:51 AM

1,498 posts, read 1,855,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
That's the area I was looking at, thanks! And l, not trying to speak badly of my mom but she is truly the kind of person who sees one homeless person and doesn't want to get out of the car somewhere, so I take her opinion with a grain of salt.
Gotcha! Good luck on your search. Please feel free to pose any specific questions if you are unsure. I hope you find something you like... it’s a hot market right now.

Old 03-28-2021, 08:20 PM

489 posts, read 463,276 times
Mobile is pretty safe. Lived in Midtown without issue for years. Your biggest problem is finding a house. Not a lot on market and when something good pops up it can sell in a day or two. My neighbor’s house sold in 3 hours for $375,000. 3 bed 3 bath 2500 SF fully renovated. So if you find a home you like, be prepared to offer fast. My other friend is currently in a bidding war with 6 other buyers. Crazy is an understatement right now.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:10 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,215,943 times
Yea unfortunately the housing market is SUPER hot in mobile county, neck and neck with Huntsville for hottest market in Alabama (basing this on months of supply). The county is down to less than a single month of supply

Old 03-29-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge0001 View Post
Yea unfortunately the housing market is SUPER hot in mobile county, neck and neck with Huntsville for hottest market in Alabama (basing this on months of supply). The county is down to less than a single month of supply
Man it's crazy in Mobile County! It seems like they just can't build them fast enough.

Old 03-29-2021, 05:14 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,215,943 times
No they are not, looking at google earth pro you definitely seeing more subdivision rising up in west Mobile at a quicker rate.

I'm kind of wonder why a couple of (i would say been built but not complete) subdivision aren't selling land for construction, Big one is the failed Town of Saltaire near where I grew up. They only made a portion of the original 1250 lots supposed to be constructed before the recession essentially shut them down. But they still have about 30-50 plots already subdivided and ready to build, I wonder why they aren't selling right now with such a hot market
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area