Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2021, 06:09 AM

5,003 posts, read 9,154,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleFontaineMan View Post
I agree, unfortunately, it seems they are only constructing 5 houses right now, would like to see them ramp up and build some subdivisions.

Side Note, They are currently building two subdivisions, Labrador Run in Theodore and Maxwell Place in West Mobile off of snow road, currently a total 11 house they are building
Oh Ok I like the Maxwell location better ,Labor Door Run is waaaay off lol. I would like to see him build a subdivision off of a plot in Hillcrest near the Nevius Road and Three Notch area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 08:23 AM

21 posts, read 14,996 times
I live in Maxwell place they are about to start phase 2. They have cleared land from Snow all the way to Hale road. It's going to be a decent sized subdivision when they are done with it. Currently only one lot in phase 1 is available, but it could have sold because that was 2 weeks ago when I was talking John's brother.

Old 11-02-2021, 10:04 AM

154 posts, read 150,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midcenturyrocks View Post
I live in Maxwell place they are about to start phase 2. They have cleared land from Snow all the way to Hale road. It's going to be a decent sized subdivision when they are done with it. Currently only one lot in phase 1 is available, but it could have sold because that was 2 weeks ago when I was talking John's brother.
Excellent

On a follow up I found another major home producer in the Mobile area called Adams Homes. They are currently building five subdivisions; Addison Woods and Kings Branch Subdivision are in West Mobile, Burke Forest Subdivision is in Mobile Proper, Dunwood in Semmes, and Blueberry Hill in Irvington. Not sure how many more there are. There are tons of homebuilders in Mobile but I've only found 3 so far that I know are building subdivisions.

Also gonna note that there are plenty of new subdivisions to come, new subdivisions coming from this year County Commission include Hamilton Ridge, Oakmont, Heritage Lake, Bayview Village, Rossfield, Beverly Gardens, O'Fallen, Deer Landing, which should create 814 new homes when its all said and done

Old 11-02-2021, 02:39 PM

562 posts, read 665,944 times
I'm surprised that John Howard hasn't ramped up their number of subdivisions in the past few years. Basically, what they have now is what was part of when we built with them about 5 years ago. The expansion of Maxwell place is new though. I think someone else originally developed the neighborhood since there was a spattering of homes from other builders and new activity from John Howard.

Our house was on the last street of a well-established neighborhood of theirs nearby. The street was on its way to being fully developed soon after we moved in.

Old 11-02-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midcenturyrocks View Post
Nice ! I'm glad to see John Howard expanding. He was the builder of my parents subdivision.

Old 11-02-2021, 09:22 PM

So here's a fun fact, Mobile County is currently the fastest growing major county in term of home production growth.
From September 2019-August 2020 to September 2020-August 2021 (year over year growth since this is the most up to date data), The number of building permits has grown nearly 33%
In comparison to other counties
Madison County: 24.9%
Baldwin County: 18.1%
Jefferson County: 9.1%
Lee County: 20.5%
Tuscaloosa County: 10.2 %
Montgomery County: 3%
Shelby County: 12.5%
Morgan County: 12.5%
Statewide: 18.7%

Old 11-30-2021, 11:40 AM

313 posts, read 249,154 times
I’ve been thinking about all the shootings in cars throughout the mobile area. This is a tough matter to combat but I think mayor stimpson may need to pull a play out of Sam jones playbook. I think the city may need to bring back the road blocks. I know a lot of people did not like this method but I think we are at the point where this may be needed. Most of the guys committing these crimes know one another and I’m sure that most don’t have gun permits.

Old 11-30-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
I’ve been thinking about all the shootings in cars throughout the mobile area. This is a tough matter to combat but I think mayor stimpson may need to pull a play out of Sam jones playbook. I think the city may need to bring back the road blocks. I know a lot of people did not like this method but I think we are at the point where this may be needed. Most of the guys committing these crimes know one another and I’m sure that most don’t have gun permits.
Stimpson and MPD are definitely in a pickle, it seems like ever since the Ladd-Peebles Stadium incident, there has been a skyrocket in shootings, it's very unfortunate. Might not be a bad idea, something's better than nothing

Old 11-30-2021, 09:49 PM

261 posts, read 202,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
I’m not old enough to remember the road blocks. What did they do and how effective was it?

Old 12-01-2021, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedoggbry View Post
I’m not old enough to remember the road blocks. What did they do and how effective was it?
Tbh I wasn't a fan of Mike Jones but crime was lower with him than it is with Sandy. I think Sandy needs to implement the road blocks but without the over kill that Jones did. Sammy was rolling them out 4 days a week and almost every week. I may be over exaggerating a little but I'm not that far from the truth.

Mobile averages like 30 this year we are approaching 50 .I know that this year has been an uptick in most U.S cities but I'm disappointed in Sandy not addressing it. A co worker asked me why should he address it. My reply was that if we were at only 15 he would. I believe in him but as a citizen I want to hear what he has to say.

Woodfin in Birmingham has always been very vocal about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area