Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2022, 08:22 PM

261 posts, read 202,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
Hey guys, I made an annexation/what should belong to Mobile thread in the Mobile subreddit on Reddit. Would like y’all’s opinions in it. I normally would not link Reddit here but I’m hoping the thread gets enough steam and in response I plan on emailing the thread to the council members and possibly mayor to show annexation support online when annexation comes up again

https://www.reddit.com/r/MobileAL/co...tm_name=iossmf

Thanks in advance guys
Definitely not gonna be able to bring it now that you have that one dude in tears about the evil empire city of Mobile taking away his Walmart from him. That guy is lighting it up with comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 10:38 PM

865 posts, read 589,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedoggbry View Post
Definitely not gonna be able to bring it now that you have that one dude in tears about the evil empire city of Mobile taking away his Walmart from him. That guy is lighting it up with comments
For real dude, ruined the whole thing probably lol

Old 02-21-2022, 07:31 AM

426 posts, read 382,895 times
I love reddit and all, but 90% of the commenters are idiots. They literally have no idea what they are talking about and just vomit responses.

Being slowly pushed off of it due to how its changed since I made my account 10+ years ago

Old 02-21-2022, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
I love reddit and all, but 90% of the commenters are idiots. They literally have no idea what they are talking about and just vomit responses.

Being slowly pushed off of it due to how its changed since I made my account 10+ years ago

That sounds about right lol

Old 03-06-2022, 11:51 AM

I genuinely hate our media. NBC 15 has reposted the same shooting from March 3rd twice everyday so far with a different title, making it seem like a different shooting every single time. Wkrg has reposted it at least twice as well.

Old 03-06-2022, 02:05 PM

490 posts, read 464,486 times
That has been a huge problem for years in our area. They put a lot of focus on crime stories and repackage the same story over and over to get clicks and viewers. Nothing sells like fear and it makes crime appear worse than it is. There are tons of stories around town that aren't getting told.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:45 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
It 100% affects the perception of crime... just like the recent poll stated. Mobile experienced a decline in overall crime last year, but the news poll respondents predominantly said they felt it was higher. It is a shame the TV news organizations conduct themselves in this manner.

Old 03-07-2022, 12:30 PM

2,624 posts, read 1,219,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post

I was never a huge fan, nor made an account, but it did have some useful info/cool content here and there. It has drastically gone downhill fast.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:42 PM

You know, Mobile is really not building a ton of houses, but I’m curious how many houses are coming online through house flippers in Midtown and around. Several houses for sale on Zillow rn in and around midtown were blighted houses before, when you look at street view

Old 03-08-2022, 07:18 PM

261 posts, read 202,613 times
I really wish the state would offer a tax credit for the restoration of historic houses. They allowed them to be included in the overall historic tax credit until recently. I feel like it would be beneficial for cities like Mobile, Montgomery, Birmingham, etc where you’ve got tens of thousands of abandoned houses. It could help offset the cost in restoring a house in a neighborhood thats struggling, so the person doing it can make money and the house can sell for a cost that’s not outrageous relative to the houses around it. Right now that’s only available for apartment buildings and commercial buildings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area