Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 03:50 PM

857 posts, read 584,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
It is starting to get a little hard to be a large developer in Baldwin. It won't slow down the growth..... just force rental rates up and home prices up. The communities cracking down on growth will start to choke the supply.
Yup and guess where those developers are gonna go, Mobile County. Already seeing so many subdivisions in the works now. In 2019 and 2020 only 400 plots in subdivisions were approved. In 2021, 1360 plots were approved and so far in 2022, 761 plots have been approved and its only May
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWF2013 View Post
Agreed.

The funny part in Baldwin is, the current development slate that was already approved is still going to happen, so now you are going to see growth with no infrastructure being built to support it because all the NIMBYs (who have only lived here 10 years, LOL) will think they stopped it all.
Yup there’s like several thousands of plots that have been approved that will be developed into new houses

Old 05-17-2022, 08:55 AM

Man, gotta love the idiocy of redittors lol

Old 05-17-2022, 09:52 AM

426 posts, read 382,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
Man, gotta love the idiocy of redittors lol
I've given up on reddit. I've been on the site for 10+ years, and it was amazing for a long time. The last few years it has taken a nose dive and has devolved into basically the comment section of Facebook

Old 05-17-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
I've given up on reddit. I've been on the site for 10+ years, and it was amazing for a long time. The last few years it has taken a nose dive and has devolved into basically the comment section of Facebook
Lol yes it has, have you seen my post about Mobile vs Birmingham vs Huntsville on the Alabama Subreddit? Some pretty stupid comments, few actually pertaining to the topic.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:33 PM

1,498 posts, read 1,855,302 times
Quote:
Lol yes it has, have you seen my post about Mobile vs Birmingham vs Huntsville on the Alabama Subreddit? Some pretty stupid comments, few actually pertaining to the topic.
I am not generally interested in reading the alabama subreddit (might as well paint a big red target for "brigading" there) but I would venture to guess that the Northern Alabama user comments are painting anything positive for the Bay area in a negative light.

Old 05-18-2022, 06:45 AM

4,997 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Check out this video ! It really captures the essence,vibe and atmosphere of Mobile. It also highlights a lot of trails and waterways that are within the area a lot of the spunds were spot in.little things like that its hard to explain about Mobile or the Gulf Coast area in general.They did a good job with it !

https://fb.watch/d4EUxaVAM4/

Old 05-18-2022, 07:19 AM

426 posts, read 382,221 times
Quote:
Yea, just a bunch of people spouting off about things they know nothing about....which is reddit in a nutshell.

Old 05-19-2022, 12:06 AM

Quote:
hmm, are we witnessing the end of Baldwin County's boom? Fairhope planning commission denied a townhome project thanks to NIMBYs, now granted this may be an overreaction, but this is likely to become more and more regular. Much of Baldwin County has become zoned inside and outsides of the city limits of the many cities in the county. With time they are becoming harder and harder to build in the county with moratoriums and NIMBY's. At this rate, it is gonna be just as hard to build as in the City of Mobile. It's becoming FAR more easier to just build in unincorporated Mobile County where there is no zoning codes and all projects are allowed as long as they follow the building codes, no matter how much NIMBYs go against it.

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/conce...HiXdsiXMIPWL1Q
And now for a third time in two weeks, they managed to completely kill another one

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/contr...cKlVx0vWe9zM9E

Last edited by InlandWave; 05-19-2022 at 12:25 AM..

Old 05-19-2022, 10:09 AM

4,997 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Quote:
And now for a third time in two weeks, they managed to completely kill another one

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/contr...cKlVx0vWe9zM9E
I don't get it smh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area