Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 04:51 PM

107 posts, read 104,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Blakely is the area I was talking about in my post , the 2 subdivisions I named could technically be called that. There is nothing in Blakely except the new subdivisions , the state park , a giant church and the veterans cemetery.

Silverhill is about the same ,literally 1 mile away from Robertsdale , but traffic is mostly north to south on hwy 59 that runs through Robertsdale rather than east to west along 104 which runs through silverhill . Traffic will pick up as they continue to build in those areas , since most of that area is outside the city limits of silverhill, fairhope and Robertsdale , so no moratorium on building. also , shopping centers are being built on either side of the corner of 104 and 181. So it's going to be a destination for developers being able to claim a new publix there .

Summerdale is right on hwy 59 and there isn't anything there , so you would be stuck going to Foley for anything or up 59 to the interstate to get to mobile .

All of these are safe areas to live though, so if traffic isn't a concern , you are fine with any of them .
Thank you. We have considered buying a lot to build, but it's a 6-8 month process and quite a challenge from 6 hours away.
We tried to make a few offers on existing homes, but we were hours late; in one case the offer was on the way when it went under contact.
Seems like most construction under way is DR Horton. What a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 05:10 PM

857 posts, read 584,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga2Ms View Post
Thank you. We have considered buying a lot to build, but it's a 6-8 month process and quite a challenge from 6 hours away.
We tried to make a few offers on existing homes, but we were hours late; in one case the offer was on the way when it went under contact.

Yea most of the area's subdivisions is done DR Horton. But there are a few subdivisions currently under construction by Adam Homes, which is local. That subdivision you mentioned under construction in Irvington is done by Adam Homes. I heard they are pretty solid

Old 04-19-2022, 05:11 PM

4,999 posts, read 9,143,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga2Ms View Post
Get with John Howard ( builder) in Maxwell Place( Subdivision) in Mobile.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:23 PM

21 posts, read 14,945 times
I live in Maxwell Place and one home is currently for sale in the subdivision for $290,000. I believe all homes that are under Contruction are sold. Mr. Howard is about to start phase 2, but as of right now all lots in phase one are built out. I highly recommend them though. Building from scratch is the way to go. I got to pick the biggest lot. I have almost an half acre. you can see the one house for sale here. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...32950514_zpid/

Old 04-19-2022, 08:15 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Blakely is the area I was talking about in my post , the 2 subdivisions I named could technically be called that. There is nothing in Blakely except the new subdivisions , the state park , a giant church and the veterans cemetery.

Silverhill is about the same ,literally 1 mile away from Robertsdale , but traffic is mostly north to south on hwy 59 that runs through Robertsdale rather than east to west along 104 which runs through silverhill . Traffic will pick up as they continue to build in those areas , since most of that area is outside the city limits of silverhill, fairhope and Robertsdale , so no moratorium on building. also , shopping centers are being built on either side of the corner of 104 and 181. So it's going to be a destination for developers being able to claim a new publix there .

Summerdale is right on hwy 59 and there isn't anything there , so you would be stuck going to Foley for anything or up 59 to the interstate to get to mobile .

All of these are safe areas to live though, so if traffic isn't a concern , you are fine with any of them .
That's a nice area. I love to go hiking at Blakey state park in the fall and winter. And there's a boat launch right up the road at Byrne Lake too.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midcenturyrocks View Post
I live in Maxwell Place and one home is currently for sale in the subdivision for $290,000. I believe all homes that are under Contruction are sold. Mr. Howard is about to start phase 2, but as of right now all lots in phase one are built out. I highly recommend them though. Building from scratch is the way to go. I got to pick the biggest lot. I have almost an half acre. you can see the one house for sale here. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...32950514_zpid/
That's a small lot. Where is phase 2? Does Howard have a website? We would love a half acre.

Old 04-20-2022, 04:17 PM

21 posts, read 14,945 times
https://www.johnhowardhomes.com/?msc...a6f5790afaeb5a

This is their website phase 2 is going to be directly adjacent to phase 1

Old 04-21-2022, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midcenturyrocks View Post
https://www.johnhowardhomes.com/?msc...a6f5790afaeb5a

This is their website phase 2 is going to be directly adjacent to phase 1
Well, looks like Howard decided small lots are the way to go. I will see if they can put me on a list for cancellations, in case 1 drops out.

Old 04-21-2022, 04:49 PM

What about Saraland, actually NW of Saraland. It appears to be more of a rural community. I've heard Saraland is growing, do you expect Cty Rd 41 to be a traffic issue in the next few years?

Old 04-21-2022, 04:51 PM

Default Saraland

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
That's a nice area. I love to go hiking at Blakey state park in the fall and winter. And there's a boat launch right up the road at Byrne Lake too.
What about Saraland, actually NW of Saraland. It appears to be more of a rural community. I've heard Saraland is growing, do you expect Cty Rd 41 to be a traffic issue in the next few years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area